My Fisker Article - Page 4 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2015, 08:03 PM   #31 (permalink)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

SC Karma, you still did not answer the questions, but since you are an expert on bankruptcy proceedings, please tell me your background.

BTW, in my line of work, I have not had to sue someone. Please IM me your personal email address and I will be glad to continue this discussion. Thank you for your response.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:11 PM   #32 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by betch23 View Post
Before I purchased, I asked many questions about the Karma, and guess how many mentioned the RDM and Chineses parts? You guessed it, zero.
Who did you ask, exactly? On this forum alone, there are two threads that are pinned to the Fisker Forum top page that prominently mention the RDM issue and the current Customer Support Program. They are:

Fisker Karma Buyer's Checklist

and

latest Information on Warranty Customer Support Program

In the former, the RDM/TM issues are the second item on the list on the first page, right after HV Batteries.

In the latter, the first post by @FiskerPhilly sets out in excruciating detail the CSP program set up by New Fisker after the BK.

Both threads include a number of questions and answers that clarify the various issues. in addition, there are a number of other threads like this one and this one from folks who are looking to buy a Fisker with very detailed responses by owners and technical experts. The RDM and Traction Motor issues are prominently featured on all of these discussions. It seems incredible that during your year of research, you could not uncover the only publicly accessible forum dedicated to the Fisker Karma and see all this information set out chapter and verse.

Quote:
For those of you without an ulterior motive, please disregard this post; the last thing I want to do is offend good decent people.
I am not sure what you mean about ulterior motives, but pointing out, factually, that you suck at research, and now want to blame someone else for your failures is not really offensive, just very very sad.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Old 08-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #33 (permalink)
EV Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage

@Fabulist, well stated!
@betch23, I'm out. There's no reason to reason with the unreasonable!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...sonable-people

Old 08-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #34 (permalink)

Intersting Fabulist, since the forum was not open to non owners. When it finally opened to non owners, I asked about looming issues, under my first account.

In addition, I contacted former owners and spent hours on this forum and google to uncover any issues.

So, what would you have done as an expert in research? Please tell me a little about your background since you feel so inclined to comment on others.

BTW, feel free to IM your personal email address and I will be glad to continue this discussion that you would like to perpetuate. Thank you.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:35 PM   #35 (permalink)

I couldn't agree more SC Karma, looking forward to you response on my questions and please don't hesitate to IM me. Thanks for posting.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

your (sp)
Old 08-19-2015, 08:55 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Hi guys;

I generally tend to agree with you gents who took a negative position against the article. I am an engineer and a car enthusiast at heart. I knew Fiskers existed but only six months ago I started seriously looking at them. I also checked out many cars, believe me I checked them all out all kinds of expensive makes. I eventually fell in love with the Fisker. Before this I had a Mercedes, which had its engine out twice within four and six years of its date of manufacture due to faulty and leaking seals. The repairs were $10,000. It also had a myriad of other problems. The Fisker is by far the most beautiful and unique car on the road. I love driving it, and it gives me thorough satisfaction although I have only really owned mine for two days. Sure, I know there will likely be some problems, but honestly what car does not have problems today unless you want some boring people mover!!.

The guy (Fisker) went out of his way to manufacture an awesome car and for a variety of reasons he failed, well not him but his company. There is an element of risk in buying and owning these cars for sure ad they are by no means a reliable Lexus LS 460 or Mercedes S class (although mine was garbage).

I feel sorry for the gentleman who had all the problems with his Fisker, but believe me I have been on Mercedes boards and forums where people are so angry at Mercedes they want to set fire to their cars. I say for a brand new manufacturer, he did not do too badly. We are driving a piece of history and it puts a wide smile on my face.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:03 PM   #38 (permalink)

I could not agree more FiskerZee, Henrick Fisker did a great job with the design.

Unfortunately, the current and looming mechanical issues are concerning. Thanks for the post.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:22 PM   #39 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Moderator, I think it's time we just end this thread , it brings back bad memories when Brian did his video and this board was nothing but a pissing match.

IMHO, I think @PowerSource put an offer on the table to buy - why don't you @betchen23 just PM him and work out a deal to have him put an end to your fisker woes!

Sorry I had to do it to give us back some good KARMA ;-)
Old 08-19-2015, 09:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Intersting Fabulist, since the forum was not open to non owners. When it finally opened to non owners, I asked about looming issues, under my first account.
This forum has always been, and remains, open to anyone who wants to join. I joined in April 2011, almost a year before I received my Karma. I found it by searching for "Fisker Karma" on Google.

Quote:

In addition, I contacted former owners and spent hours on this forum and google to uncover any issues.
Why would you contact "former owners?" I would think the perspectives of current owners who live with, and use, their cars every day would be a lot more relevant than someone who does not. Also, your claim about spending hours on this forum seems dubious since you just said a couple of sentences above that (you believed anyway) that this forum was for owners only. The buyer's Checklist thread was started in June 2013. If you had spent 10 minutes on the forum in the last two years, you would have seen it since it was made sticky and pinned to the front page since the beginning.

Quote:
So, what would you have done as an expert in research? Please tell me a little about your background since you feel so inclined to comment on others.
I don't claim any particular expertise in research, but have a passing familiarity with search engines such as Google and DuckDuckGO. But this is about you, not about me. After all, i am not the one that claim to have been a victim of "usery" by a post-bankruptcy entity that revived a failed car company because I could not be bothered to search for, I don't know, "buying a Fisker Karma" in Google where this forum would be the third or fourth result on the first page.

And, BTW, not thanks. I have no interest in "perpetuating" any discussion with you (do you have a word-of-the-day screensaver?). I have no interest in hearing you try to justify yourself. All I am interested in is setting the factual record straight, and my work here is done.

Edited to add: @Nin-Ja, Agreed. I am done with this thread also.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641

Last edited by Fabulist; 08-19-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Closed Thread