Happy Mother's Day, Mother Earth - I got my Karma today, to replace my gas guzzler - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
rex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default Happy Mother's Day, Mother Earth - I got my Karma today, to replace my gas guzzler

First, let me say thanks to this forum for so much useful info. While some of it critical (Brian, your critique of the command center was legit, but also helpful in showing me around the system -- Fab, you are fab for all the great tips, and the list goes on of useful info).

Second, the link is a picture of the Karma, in my garage, next to my 911 Turbo, which I am replacing with the Karma. (i know, no pictures = didn't happen... so here is the link).

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150964477901341.474412.684221340&type=3

Also, since I used this board to get tips on the clear bra and window tint, I got the dealer to pull up another Karma without tint...I am posting side by side pics of my car with the tint, and another car at the dealer, with the same paint, without the tint. IMHO the tint is the way to go. (Tint vs. No-Tint, side by side)

I may be asking for a bit of help on dialing in the car... (the car nagged me that I exceeded the speed limit on my way home, i want to turn that off), and I hope to be able to return the favor.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage
Default RE: Happy Mother's Day, Mother Earth - I got my Karma today, to replace my gas guzzler

Congrats! Did you get the crystalline tint?
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Default RE: Happy Mother's Day, Mother Earth - I got my Karma today, to replace my gas guzzler

Congratulations and great looking car. Mama Gaia will be pleased with the gift, but only if you let her drive.
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
rex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
Congrats! Did you get the crystalline tint?
FormulaOne (llumar) is what the dealer hooked me up with. They said it was ceramic based when I asked. It has a lifetime warranty, so I got over my nervousness about it not being 3M.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Rex,do you know how to post your picture right in the forum? I can't ever seem to pull it up the way the link is set, and I really want to see your tint pics. I'm considering getting the tint, but want to see it before committing
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVer1
Rex,do you know how to post your picture right in the forum? I can't ever seem to pull it up the way the link is set, and I really want to see your tint pics. I'm considering getting the tint, but want to see it before committing
Here are the pictures from the set that show the tint best:

And here is what appears to be the "before tint" picture:

The tint looks nice but a bit too dark for where I live (California). I recently had mine done with 50% tint all around and 20% tint (i.e. 80% transparent) on the windshield. It's still darker than it should be but it is close enough not to attract too much law enforcement attention.

Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote