Fisker Karma Polyurethane Bushings - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2019, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Default Fisker Karma Polyurethane Bushings

Available front lower control arm polyurethane bushings. Please check the link below.

https://elitemotorsoc.com/fisker-kar...-finally-here/

For more info email [email protected] or call/text 9492593804

Thank you

Alex
Elite Motors OC
alexpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpop View Post
Available front lower control arm polyurethane bushings. Please check the link below.

https://elitemotorsoc.com/fisker-kar...-finally-here/

For more info email [email protected] or call/text 9492593804

Thank you

Alex
Elite Motors OC
Hello Alex,

I recently ordered the bushings. I do have some questions left and probably these questions are also of interest for the members of this forum.

My mechanic has little experience with it and only once he put the bushings in place. He told me that it was impossible to remove the small originial rubber bushings from the wheel arm. So he only changed the big bushings with the polyurethane ones. What is your advice to remove the small rubber bushings?

My mechanic says the polyurethane bushings do not handle speed bumps very well and because these are a lot in my country, his experience is that the bushings crumble over time. Or has this to do that in that specific case only the big bushings were replaced and the small rubber bushings were left in place so this may give a difference in stiffness and this then gives a very specific focal peak load on the polyurethane material?

The reason that these kind of bushings in general are made out of rubber is that the rubber material absorbs shocks, so it gives an convenier ride in the car. What is your opinion about this?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I appreciate it.

Best regards,

Bart
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Bushings

Hello Bart,

We actually never had any issues with the bushings we made to come apart or crumble. As i mentioned when we spoke on the phone, we installed them in over 50 cars including Henrik Fisker's car and everybody is very happy with them .

In regards with the raid, we chose the softest polyurethane material so the new bushings to be able to absorb the shocks as you mentioned.

We recommend to replace the small bushing too but you can leave it in and see what happens. We always replace both but you should be fine.

We have speed bumps here too and as long as you don't speed up over them everything should be OK. Speed bumps are to go slow over them

I hope i answered to all you questions and concerns.

Thank you

Alex
Elite Motors OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Surm View Post
Hello Alex,

I recently ordered the bushings. I do have some questions left and probably these questions are also of interest for the members of this forum.

My mechanic has little experience with it and only once he put the bushings in place. He told me that it was impossible to remove the small originial rubber bushings from the wheel arm. So he only changed the big bushings with the polyurethane ones. What is your advice to remove the small rubber bushings?

My mechanic says the polyurethane bushings do not handle speed bumps very well and because these are a lot in my country, his experience is that the bushings crumble over time. Or has this to do that in that specific case only the big bushings were replaced and the small rubber bushings were left in place so this may give a difference in stiffness and this then gives a very specific focal peak load on the polyurethane material?

The reason that these kind of bushings in general are made out of rubber is that the rubber material absorbs shocks, so it gives an convenier ride in the car. What is your opinion about this?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I appreciate it.

Best regards,

Bart

Old 04-02-2019, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpop View Post
Hello Bart,

We actually never had any issues with the bushings we made to come apart or crumble. As i mentioned when we spoke on the phone, we installed them in over 50 cars including Henrik Fisker's car and everybody is very happy with them .

In regards with the raid, we chose the softest polyurethane material so the new bushings to be able to absorb the shocks as you mentioned.

We recommend to replace the small bushing too but you can leave it in and see what happens. We always replace both but you should be fine.

We have speed bumps here too and as long as you don't speed up over them everything should be OK. Speed bumps are to go slow over them

I hope i answered to all you questions and concerns.

Thank you

Alex
Elite Motors OC
Hello Alex,

Thank you for your answers and explanation. One question left: what would be the best method to remove the original small bushings?

Thank you in advance.

Bart
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

well you need to press out both bushings. So the control arm needs to come out of the car and press both bushings out. I am not sure how capable your mechanic is and what tools does he have.
I engineered my own press to remove the old bushings from the control arm.

Thank you

Alex
Old 04-05-2019, 10:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)

I have them and you're gonna love them!
2012 Fisker Karma EC Earth/Earth #1466
Purchased 3/24/2012
ufojoe is offline   Reply With Quote