Selling my perfect Fisker Karma EcoSport (Earth/Black) - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2015, 01:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)

Should send them back to North America can be converted for cheap to NA spec. Are the average prices significantly cheaper than NA variants?
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I checked the mobile.de site. Fiskers are actually selling for more there. A Karma with 6,600 miles (10,600 km) has an average listing price of 66,000 euros ($72,000). So importing one to the US would not save you money!
PlayOutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)

Out of curiosity, which cars are you keeping to give the Karma the boot? Love the Earth exterior wish it was a monsoon or earth interior.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2015, 01:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Out of curiosity, which cars are you keeping to give the Karma the boot? Love the Earth exterior wish it was a monsoon or earth interior.
My daily driver is a LEAF (I have a 40 mile commute). I added Dynamat to the entire vehicle (literally removed every seat, carpet, and door panel to add it). So it now has almost no road noise.

My fun car is a Porsche 911. It gets most of my weekend use.

I pretty much buy a new car every year or two, so I've actually owned the Fisker for longer than any other car bar one.

My wife has a Range Rover which fits our big comfortable car needs.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

SOLD - no longer available. I will miss you guys, but I'll be sure to check back in on the forum and maybe I'll get another Karma in a few years.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
Any time I see "for sale" sign on this forum, I wonder whether the seller is throwing in the towel and bolting for the door before the value of the car drops further, or that they had enough with Karma's quirks and need something less stressful. This also brings up an interesting topic - collector's value of the car. Assume that 20 years down the road Fisker Karma might go up in price - but most likely with milage not going over 30 000 miles. So many Karma's owners including myself are approaching this milage. Is it better to "barn" our Karmas, drive the **** out of them and then sell for 1/5th of the purchase price or sell now for 45-50 percent? Any thoughts on future value of our Karmas? And how will the electronics cope with 20 years of sitting someplace dark and lonely?
No future value other than a nice looking used car unless it is a under 10k mi time capsule. I think most owners bought the car as transportation and are not "throwing in the towel" and it's part of the normal 4 year car buying cycle to move on to something new. As mentioned before the Karma has too many risk factors/quirks (like Lotus Esprit), mediocre performing, and is just is too complex as a rolling battery to bring an investor premium despite its low production and sculpted looks - especially when there are only a handful of nationwide service providers, which these cars need to stay in top shape (who wants to truck their primary transportation 500mi to get fixed). Low prices reflect more supply and LOW demand and that's just ECON 101.

Buyers expect their car to be totally reliable, available, and maintainable and all of those are answered with a "kinda" vs "absolutely" when it comes to the Karma. If the relaunch brings a healthier dealer network or more CSPs there may be increased interest, but not a mass influx.
sherrillt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrillt View Post
No future value other than a nice looking used car unless it is a under 10k mi time capsule. I think most owners bought the car as transportation and are not "throwing in the towel" and it's part of the normal 4 year car buying cycle to move on to something new. As mentioned before the Karma has too many risk factors/quirks (like Lotus Esprit), mediocre performing, and is just is too complex as a rolling battery to bring an investor premium despite its low production and sculpted looks - especially when there are only a handful of nationwide service providers, which these cars need to stay in top shape (who wants to truck their primary transportation 500mi to get fixed). Low prices reflect more supply and LOW demand and that's just ECON 101.

Buyers expect their car to be totally reliable, available, and maintainable and all of those are answered with a "kinda" vs "absolutely" when it comes to the Karma. If the relaunch brings a healthier dealer network or more CSPs there may be increased interest, but not a mass influx.
only time will tell !
Old 01-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayOutside View Post
I checked the mobile.de site. Fiskers are actually selling for more there. A Karma with 6,600 miles (10,600 km) has an average listing price of 66,000 euros ($72,000). So importing one to the US would not save you money!
I can only speak for the UK but there will be 10% duty and 20% sales tax added to any car imported from the US - so prices will always be higher. The 10% duty should have been waived as long as the car was still < 3 years old as it was built in the EU.
Motivational Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote