Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - My Fisker Article
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 08:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
FiskerZee

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Hi guys;

I generally tend to agree with you gents who took a negative position against the article. I am an engineer and a car enthusiast at heart. I knew Fiskers existed but only six months ago I started seriously looking at them. I also checked out many cars, believe me I checked them all out all kinds of expensive makes. I eventually fell in love with the Fisker. Before this I had a Mercedes, which had its engine out twice within four and six years of its date of manufacture due to faulty and leaking seals. The repairs were $10,000. It also had a myriad of other problems. The Fisker is by far the most beautiful and unique car on the road. I love driving it, and it gives me thorough satisfaction although I have only really owned mine for two days. Sure, I know there will likely be some problems, but honestly what car does not have problems today unless you want some boring people mover!!.

The guy (Fisker) went out of his way to manufacture an awesome car and for a variety of reasons he failed, well not him but his company. There is an element of risk in buying and owning these cars for sure ad they are by no means a reliable Lexus LS 460 or Mercedes S class (although mine was garbage).

I feel sorry for the gentleman who had all the problems with his Fisker, but believe me I have been on Mercedes boards and forums where people are so angry at Mercedes they want to set fire to their cars. I say for a brand new manufacturer, he did not do too badly. We are driving a piece of history and it puts a wide smile on my face.