Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - My Fisker Article
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
betch23

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I can see part of your point Fisker Philly, but buying a company entails the good and the bad. As I mentioned prior, I believe there needs to be some form of copability on the New company. If they are taking the benefit of the old designs, the lessons learned from the prototyping and the supply chain artifacts, then in fairness there should be some reaponsibility taken.

Personally, offering $2k to $5k reimbursement(which why there is a difference between the two, escapes me) does not come remotely close to the $10k-$20k in defective drive train parts.

In my humble opinion, why wouldn't the new company go back to the parts manufacturer and pursue a recall, especially if they are still using their parts?

Again, I would handle this much differently because whether I did or did not buy the company out of Bankruptcy, I believe customers come first and there would be no Fisker without them. I would have long term strategy in place to deal with such issues because it is the ethical decision; a decision that would not entail reimbursing pennies on the dollars.

This maybe why I am not in the Car business because I would stay up all night to figure out how to make this right, even to those of you who that have been less than pleasant.