Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - My Fisker Article
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 09:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
JCMorrill

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

I totally get why you're frustrated and angry. You have had a horrible experience.

That said, most of us have had a great experience with our cars and really good dealings with the new Fisker. What you have to accept (crappy as it is) is that the company who made your car is gone. And they left a lot of people stranded in their wake. But, the new one who bought the name and the factory equipment, isn't them. None of that management is the same. You can't be mad at the new family who moved in next door because the last owner stole your garbage cans. The new company didn't really owe us anything. They agreed to administer the CSP program which was a part of the the bankruptcy settlement. And, they have lived up to that (and sometimes exceeded it for no other reason than current owners are their best marketing tool). And, they have spent the last 3-4 months quintupling (?) the number of places in the US that you can get service. It's not perfect, yet, but it's way better than it was.

When did you buy your car? It sounds like you bought yours used (as you referenced $2K of CSP money). If that's true, you got a $110K (or more) car at a very cheap price as the market had quickly adjusted to the idea that support would be tough to find. You took a risk (the same one I did, buying my car in January before The New Fisker started operations). Part of that risk was self-warrantying your own car. It kills me that anybody has had a bad experience. It could have been any of us, and it was bound to be some of us. But, it was a risk I understood when I bought. And, things are WAY better now than they were 4 months ago.

Seems like your beef should be with the original Fisker if anybody. And, the people who really have had it bad are original owners whose cars had failed in 2013-2014. They had a "contract" that the original Fisker didn't live up to. (And, that had a lot to do with an Insurance Company not living up to their contract to replace the cars lost in Sandy).

P.S. I have no affiliation with Fisker (old or new) or any Fisker repair shop. I'm just an owner who thinks that the car is something special, and worth a risk. I would never have been able to be involved had they not been half price. So, I feel lucky. I am very sorry about your situation. Get yours fixed, and I know you'll fall in love with it. That's the best advice I can give you.