220 charger - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default 220 charger

Has there been a consensus that the 220 charger is a must have or a nice to have? Was anyone able to get around the 900$ cost/ what was installation cost avg locally. I did not buy the 220 at time of purchase and am wondering. Thanks everyone.
2012 silver wind / black moonstone Eco Sport..#1435...\"why drive the past when you can drive the future?\"
Ross a klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Default RE: 220 charger

I've gone almost a month now with only the 110 charger that comes with the car. Granted, I don't use it as a daily commute, but I have been driving almost daily, only have yet to go more than 50 miles at a time. So for me the 110 is just fine. I think it really boils down to a) how far your daily commute is (if you have one) and b) how much you absolutely hate having to buy gas (my pickup gets about 15mpg, and I absolutely hate refueling the **** thing...)
Richard Carnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross a klein
Has there been a consensus that the 220 charger is a must have or a nice to have? Was anyone able to get around the 900$ cost/ what was installation cost avg locally. I did not buy the 220 at time of purchase and am wondering. Thanks everyone.
The same charging unit is available from Home Depot for $750:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=203013921

Installation varies ... if you have an electric dryer plug ready to go at the point of installation, it should be as cheap as whoever your cheapest electrician is. (Or you could just do it yourself.) If they have to run a circuit all the way to your subpanel it's going to be a lot more.
ct-fiskerbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default 220 charger

Having a full charge in the morning and fast charging during the day has greatly increased my stealth driving since I had a 220 installed.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default 220 charger

I'm in the process of building a new house so I'm going to wrap the 220 charger in. Have to remind the architect to put it on the left wall on the farthest left bay.

I would like to have the quick charge ability since I can make multiple trips a day and a refresh would be great.

-jeff
HokieKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks everyone, 750 at home depot? Who knew? The rear port does make for some location issues from where my dryer is. Lol
2012 silver wind / black moonstone Eco Sport..#1435...\"why drive the past when you can drive the future?\"
Old 03-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default 220 charger

ChargePoint was giving away free (DoE subsidized, as part of a data collection program) 220V chargers, search the forums for ChargePoint to find the link...[hr]
This link should work : www.chargepointamerica.com

Free 220V chargers (if you are accepted into the program), I was accepted and the installer is coming on Monday to do a site survey.
siliconkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I have the Blink home charger unit by ecotality- great unit with good data collection on energy use etc- also gives you free access to all Blink chargers around the country (for now)

Sportsmeddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks, will investigate all, very helpful, was concerned fisker didn't approve non branded alternatives. [hr]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmeddoc
I have the Blink home charger unit by ecotality- great unit with good data collection on energy use etc- also gives you free access to all Blink chargers around the country (for now)

Hi, I just went on line and couldn't figure out how to acquire the blink unti. How/ where did you get yours? I am grateful for the link to the Lear one at homedepot.com, thanks
Old 03-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross a klein
Thanks, will investigate all, very helpful, was concerned fisker didn't approve non branded alternatives. [hr]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmeddoc

Hi, I just went on line and couldn't figure out how to acquire the blink unti. How/ where did you get yours? I am grateful for the link to the Lear one at homedepot.com, thanks
Contact Ecotality directly. Blink is the network. Ecotality makes the charger.
Sportsmeddoc is offline   Reply With Quote