DC Fast charging - Page 3 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2016, 05:48 AM   #21 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I have 380v in my shop ?
Hotrodove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Is there a price for the installation kit ?
Hotrodove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:47 AM   #23 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

@PowerSource can you explain a bit the architecture adding CHAdeMO to FiskerMY12? I was working and measuring on the battery last week, so, did you add new wirings to the 347V cables inside the battery with two new contactors for security reasons? The other part is CAN communication with the BCE to supply CHAdeMO with the necessary instructions, some sort of RasberryPI CAN hacking, or how can I imagine such an extension?
mark.sch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)

CHAdeMO communicates over the CAN protocol and requires a certain handshake (per the CHAdeMO spec). You essentially need a few parts, contactors, HV wires, CHAdeMO port, 2 channel CAN controller.

A good place to add the contactor box is by the inverters as these have a direct link to the battery and the location is a relatively cool place in the car (don't need some fancy IP67 rated enclosure etc).

Our solution, at least what we are doing to our cars is using the Model S chargeport which can utilize a CHAdeMO adapter. This way we don't have to package an additional CHAdeMO chargeport on the vehicle itself. There is really no clean way to put this on the car and most don't want to drill into the body panels of the vehicle. I am doing something similar to my Tesla Roadster as well.

We don't really use hobbyist grade "hacking" tools but essentially auto grade components that meet vibration, temperature etc specs that are equal to or greater than what is in the vehicle currently. I am not sure how long a raspberry pi will last in an auto environment (no conformal coating, vibration spec of the solder joints, temp specs etc). Liken this to putting your iPhone or some device in direct sunlight during a hot day for a few hours. It will likely shut down and be unusable. This cannot happen when driving your vehicle. The hobbyist grade stuff likely will not hold up in this type of environment.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 06:42 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
CHAdeMO communicates over the CAN protocol and requires a certain handshake (per the CHAdeMO spec). You essentially need a few parts, contactors, HV wires, CHAdeMO port, 2 channel CAN controller.

A good place to add the contactor box is by the inverters as these have a direct link to the battery and the location is a relatively cool place in the car (don't need some fancy IP67 rated enclosure etc).

Our solution, at least what we are doing to our cars is using the Model S chargeport which can utilize a CHAdeMO adapter. This way we don't have to package an additional CHAdeMO chargeport on the vehicle itself. There is really no clean way to put this on the car and most don't want to drill into the body panels of the vehicle. I am doing something similar to my Tesla Roadster as well.

We don't really use hobbyist grade "hacking" tools but essentially auto grade components that meet vibration, temperature etc specs that are equal to or greater than what is in the vehicle currently. I am not sure how long a raspberry pi will last in an auto environment (no conformal coating, vibration spec of the solder joints, temp specs etc). Liken this to putting your iPhone or some device in direct sunlight during a hot day for a few hours. It will likely shut down and be unusable. This cannot happen when driving your vehicle. The hobbyist grade stuff likely will not hold up in this type of environment.
Any updates on this? Also is it better to just change the chargeport to Tesla? So that way we could possibly use there super chargers as well?
Deep Ocean/Earth Tri-Tone Eco-Chic VIN#1506 May Good Karma Be With U Always!
HybridFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridFanatic View Post
Any updates on this? Also is it better to just change the chargeport to Tesla? So that way we could possibly use there super chargers as well?
Check our instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJWx6EABrPW/
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:23 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post

OOOOh I know I been following u for a long time(years) buddy. However it sounds like the best charging mod to date. I'm also "Foreign_King_Ju" by the way. A mod like that & the 60kw battery pack would really put the fisker on the map. I need both modifications like yesterday lol
Deep Ocean/Earth Tri-Tone Eco-Chic VIN#1506 May Good Karma Be With U Always!
HybridFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote