DC Fast charging - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2015, 11:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

I grip the Fisker logo and try not to leave prints!
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATTGAS View Post
@PowerSource - I love the idea of faster charging. Will your team be testing the impacts (if any) of faster charging on the performance and reliability of the HV battery pack? Asking since there isn't any actual or theoretical long term reliability ratings on a faster charging solution with the Karma battery pack.

I also like the idea of the charge port behind the license plate. Modifying the rear fascia doesn't sound too ominous unless you mean literally replacing the existing rear fascia with an entirely new fascia.

While we're at it, can we add a rear handle inside the trunk roof to make it easier to close the trunk without touching the paint? The handle like the Volt has is what I have in mind.

Yes we have extensively tested the limits of the existing A123 pack and the current draw is dependent on several factors mainly SOC and Temperature.

We have collected extensive data on the A123 pack in the 2012 Karma and have thousands of cycles on these packs to ensure that we are operating within the published and observed specifications of AMP20 cell, module and pack itself.

Our continuous charge limits never exceed 70A and our nominal power output is around 25kw. This is extremely conservative for this pack and we intend on increasing these limits over-time. Without a doubt the testing we have done on these packs is the most complete real-world repository of data available.

We can provide charts and any other data via email. If you are interested please contact me [email protected].

For the charge-port it will be a modification to the existing rear fascia that will include a flush mounted CHAdeMO port mounted to the bumper which will require drilling. We think this is the most OEM way to do it and will have a demo video soon.

I haven't seen the trunk roof idea you are referring to but the assumption is that it is just a grab handle mounted on the trunk lid itself?
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATTGAS View Post

While we're at it, can we add a rear handle inside the trunk roof to make it easier to close the trunk without touching the paint? The handle like the Volt has is what I have in mind.

Don't you have the handle inside on the left side? Opposite position, where the trunk light is on the right ...
Original Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2015, 11:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Yes we have extensively tested the limits of the existing A123 pack and the current draw is dependent on several factors mainly SOC and Temperature.

We have collected extensive data on the A123 pack in the 2012 Karma and have thousands of cycles on these packs to ensure that we are operating within the published and observed specifications of AMP20 cell, module and pack itself.

Our continuous charge limits never exceed 70A and our nominal power output is around 25kw. This is extremely conservative for this pack and we intend on increasing these limits over-time. Without a doubt the testing we have done on these packs is the most complete real-world repository of data available.

We can provide charts and any other data via email. If you are interested please contact me [email protected].

For the charge-port it will be a modification to the existing rear fascia that will include a flush mounted CHAdeMO port mounted to the bumper which will require drilling. We think this is the most OEM way to do it and will have a demo video soon.

I haven't seen the trunk roof idea you are referring to but the assumption is that it is just a grab handle mounted on the trunk lid itself?
Thanks for the update @PowerSource. As usual, there is lots of data behind your work.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Don't you have the handle inside on the left side? Opposite position, where the trunk light is on the right ...
The Volt handle is on the underside of the hatchback lid. It's on the right and it's a molded handle built into the plastic cover. I will see if I can dig up a picture - I turned my Volt in at the end of it's lease, so I have to resort to searching the web for a picture.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I have a Volt and can send a picture, if needed. Just let me know. I agree, the handle does make it easier to close.
JAM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:56 AM   #17 (permalink)

@PowerSource
Any news on the chademo option?
In Germany, this port gains popularity and is available at about 80% on my beloved grocery stores, Aldi 🤑

What would I need to install at home and in my office?
Old 07-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
@PowerSource
Any news on the chademo option?
In Germany, this port gains popularity and is available at about 80% on my beloved grocery stores, Aldi 🤑

What would I need to install at home and in my office?
The modification is done only to the vehicle. The additional CHAdeMO port is packaged along with a contactor box and controller. Once the modification is complete you will be able to take advantage of these publicly available CHAdeMO stations. You will be able to get a 0-40 mile charge in about 25 minutes.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

That sounds really intresting for me too. Am I right that we also can use 380v in Germany than stefan ?
Hotrodove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Yes, Ove, you will use 380V. But I'm not sure, whether a private installation is worth it... maybe in a parking lot of your office, if you think, you will make enough customers happy, stopping by.