Fisker Coupe/Convertible - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2017, 04:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloKae View Post
The engineer was a step ahead on B pillar use--let me introduce you to the Karma Coupe. Should be getting underway in June with a delivery at end of August.

Attachment 10489
you should send it to Henrick -- In pervious time I had indicated the Karma would of been better served as a coupe given the rear seats , specifically the under the drive front seat -- no room what so ever and very cramped - unless your a kid -- hence a coupe 2+2 like you picture is the best application of the Karma footprint. now if you can only move the muffler pipes from the front to the rear and insulate the engine wall with an updated infotainment system -- you can sell your own version of the KARMA ;-)
Old 04-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
you should send it to Henrick -- In pervious time I had indicated the Karma would of been better served as a coupe given the rear seats , specifically the under the drive front seat -- no room what so ever and very cramped - unless your a kid -- hence a coupe 2+2 like you picture is the best application of the Karma footprint. now if you can only move the muffler pipes from the front to the rear and insulate the engine wall with an updated infotainment system -- you can sell your own version of the KARMA ;-)
Truthfully, if I can get the design worked out to do so, my thought is to actually buy some inventory and do a few of these. I already spoke to the engineer about moving the muffler location . Infotainment: looks like PowerSource has that one handled, but yeah--I agree. The Eclipse prototype I'll be doing, if I do a few should that turn out as I expect, I'll actually be using that one a second time and converting into a convertible (a-la-Sunset). Will keep all posted. PM me Henrick's email and I'll shoot him a pic lol.

Last edited by SoloKae; 04-21-2017 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Changed typos
SoloKae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Truthfully, if I can get the design worked out to do so, my thought is to actually buy some inventory and do a few of these. I already spoke to the engineer about moving the muffler location . Infotainment: looks like PowerSource has that one handled, but yeah--I agree. The Eclipse prototype I'll be doing, if I do a few should that turn out as I expect, I'll actually be using that one a second time and converting into a convertible (a-la-Sunset). Will keep all posted. PM me Henrick's email and I'll shoot him a pic lol.
Henrik is on Facebbok (@henrikfiskerofficial) and Twitter and Instagram (@fiskerofficial).

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
contract him via facebook, he active
https://www.facebook.com/HenrikFiskerOfficial/
Old 04-21-2017, 11:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Very cool if you need any wiring diagrams shoot me a PM what ever I have your welcome too. Fisker never released many but what they did release I have .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:36 AM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)

Quote:

How would a coupe give more foot space for the back seats?
I don't see this...

I don't expect a stretched design...
Original Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Have you considered doing a scissor door hinge? May be a little easier to open that huge door that way in a tight parking space. May not be feasible, just wondering.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:37 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Quote:

How would a coupe give more foot space for the back seats?
I don't see this...

I don't expect a stretched design...
Yeah--won't change any interior space/foot room. I'm inclined to believe he just meant expectation as a 2+2 coupe is more forgiving in regards to space rather than a four door sedan?
Old 04-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
Quote:
Have you considered doing a scissor door hinge? May be a little easier to open that huge door that way in a tight parking space. May not be feasible, just wondering.
Thanks--I am flying out to meet with the engineer in two weeks to discuss more of these things in person. Scissor door hinge could be good. Much appreciated! Will keep updated.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
Very cool if you need any wiring diagrams shoot me a PM what ever I have your welcome too. Fisker never released many but what they did release I have .
Much appreciated! Will definitely hit you up if needed. Admittedly I'm nervous on round one but any resource I know is available, the better.