New fisker owner - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2020, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Default New fisker owner

Excited and disappointed just bought a fisker karma with 25k miles on it from top gear imports in New Jersey yesterday. **** thing broke down about 50 miles from the dealership. Was running fine till the electric ran out and it switched over to the motor. The fan never kicked on and it over-heated. I ordered https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NDP8...put=fan+shroud
Anyone know if this is the right fan? Looks right and it fits the pontiac solstice that this car shares a motor with. Most of the other ones I seen were 350 to 400 and this ones much cheaper.
Omegaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm also curious if my car has popped up on here before the number is 1768.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)

Why didn't you return the car to the dealer? It sounds like it's their problem, as they've sold you a faulty car given that is failed so quickly.

Simon

Fisker Karma EcoChic #1030 : Mercedes CLK63 AMG: Audi Q7 Prestige : Honda CBR1000RR

Forever!
shrowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2020, 05:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaman View Post
Excited and disappointed just bought a fisker karma with 25k miles on it from top gear imports in New Jersey yesterday. **** thing broke down about 50 miles from the dealership. Was running fine till the electric ran out and it switched over to the motor. The fan never kicked on and it over-heated. I ordered https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NDP8...put=fan+shroud
Anyone know if this is the right fan? Looks right and it fits the pontiac solstice that this car shares a motor with. Most of the other ones I seen were 350 to 400 and this ones much cheaper.
Congratulations with your Fisker! It is important all service repairs are done. Check this list. Again it is important:

https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13...checklist.html
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

As far as the recalls go I found a notice saying the airbag one is done I'm 1768 so I shouldn't have an issue with some of the earlier problems. I'm not sure how to check if the battery recall was done. I do have a receipt for some of the modules having been replaced. But idk how to check if it ever got the a123 batteries switched out. And as for the fire causing fans is there a way to tell if it's been done yet?
Old 08-17-2020, 12:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm also curious what grade fuel does everyone run in their fiskers?
Old 08-17-2020, 02:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Quote:
As far as the recalls go I found a notice saying the airbag one is done I'm 1768 so I shouldn't have an issue with some of the earlier problems. I'm not sure how to check if the battery recall was done. I do have a receipt for some of the modules having been replaced. But idk how to check if it ever got the a123 batteries switched out. And as for the fire causing fans is there a way to tell if it's been done yet?
If the cooling fan is replaced a yellow dot in its center area should be visible.
B. Surm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)

Quote:
That fan isn't the correct fan you need to make sure the fan has a new control module also.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Darn I was hoping that was the right fan. Will this one work? https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/g...-19130227.html
Or if not could someone post a link to the right one?