Howdy from Austin, Texas - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2020, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Howdy from Austin, Texas

Hello all,

I found this forum while fantasy shopping for a Karma. In the off chance I may be able to lay hands on one in the future, I thought it might be a good idea to start learning what I can about the platform.

I come from a long line of car guys. I recently sold my '79 MG Midget for which I developed a Megasquirt based EFI system and some pretty neat (in my opinion) suspension upgrades.

Currently I am working on project to add optical inputs and remote control via phone to my 1960's tube amp.

In spite of the fact that my wife is quite done with project cars, I am starting to get the itch again.

Cheers!
Chadwick
chitnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I hope ur wife won't go away because if that! It will be nice to see the results of your work!
epicVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoSport in ATX

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default on-going project; also from ATX- also wife pretty done

Hey Chadwick- truly coincidental- we live in ATX (Cherrywood). Got a FK a few weeks ago (flood/damaged) and I'm working my way through the systems to make it come back to life. It's quite a project, but helps me get my head on something different than COVID19.

Thus far, the car is sitting on -Neutral or Park- positions; sometimes, it doe let me drive in electric mode, then come back to not wanting to move.

I have worked the engine recup procedures, oil, filters, clean, new spark plugs, etc Flushing the gasoline tank is the last task on the ICE side.

Then to disassemble the whole cabin to see what I can find on the harness side, then to the engine compartment connectors; wish me luck!!.

Talk soon,

Cristiano
cmonsalv is offline   Reply With Quote