Hello from Poland... & Please Help! - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2019, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default Hello from Poland... & Please Help!

Hi,

I just got my Fisker delivered from the US. I would like to say I am a happy new owner, however... Can't start the car. The fob works, the button flashes amber, green, green + red, but the gauges and screen remain dark. The car was at sea/port for weeks, the 12V battery. I had it replaced but that didn't help. It makes the noise, power steering is on etc. but all screens are blank. Even the gas motor turned on. However no gear selection, no driving. Do I need to reflash the VCM? Most likely. I am located in Poland. Can someone help? Remotely?
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default

contact Joseph Ferrante at Evolution auto in Westminster PA.
EVolution Autosports
EV & Hybrid Performance
Fisker Specialists
[email protected]om
carnutdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default

Thank you!
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-04-2019, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default

Oh, and I don't have the charger. Is it a standard Type 1 charger compatible with Priuses, Leafs. etc?
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Southern Sweden
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
Oh, and I don't have the charger. Is it a standard Type 1 charger compatible with Priuses, Leafs. etc?
Yes, standard Type 1 socket on your Fisker Karma (if it has not been changed).

If you plan to use public networks, I advise that you purchase a Type 1 to Type 2 cable if you haven’t been provided one with your Karma.

You might consider upgrading your existing socket on your Karma before buying a new charger and extra cable.

The European Commission ruled that all public charging stations must feature a Type 2 connector or connecting capability. This is why it could be a good idea to upgrade the socket on your car. Most home chargers available for purchase today also feature a Type 2 connector.
SirCastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCastic View Post
Yes, standard Type 1 socket on your Fisker Karma (if it has not been changed).

If you plan to use public networks, I advise that you purchase a Type 1 to Type 2 cable if you haven’t been provided one with your Karma.

You might consider upgrading your existing socket on your Karma before buying a new charger and extra cable.

The European Commission ruled that all public charging stations must feature a Type 2 connector or connecting capability. This is why it could be a good idea to upgrade the socket on your car. Most home chargers available for purchase today also feature a Type 2 connector.
Does it have to have any specific Voltage/Wattage? Also, the fact the car is from US, does it require the charger to be from US as well or can I purchase a compatible EU version?
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Southern Sweden
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
Does it have to have any specific Voltage/Wattage? Also, the fact the car is from US, does it require the charger to be from US as well or can I purchase a compatible EU version?

The output voltage to the car is the same… but the charger itself has a different input voltage I USA.

Last edited by SirCastic; 06-05-2019 at 02:22 AM.
SirCastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Default

Got it, have it all figured out, thanks!
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: KATOWICE POLAND
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

skąd jesteś mój nr 504084078
to wspaniały i niepokorny samochód
mam go od trzech lat

Last edited by Jacek; 06-07-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Jacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.