[Merged] About to get my first Fisker Karma. Any success stories out there? - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2019, 01:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
2012 White Eco Sport 2348

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage

How are you sending it? are they going thru MI. I might be sending my car there also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks View Post
Hey JSCAR,

The car is GREAT! Im personally new to ownership but I have known my vehicle since birth. Your only real issue will be finding someone in Canada that knows how to fix the vehicle. I have the all the records for my car and every time it has gone in for something the owner was hit with a $3k bill. Needless to say some of the issues are still there and Im sending the car to Fiskerpilly to fix this month
t4579ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Whatís a TOM module?
That's PowerSoruce Realm -- I'll let him answer - I can't do it justice, i'm just a user and happy one at that.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlJOHN View Post
. Admittedly, it had the Differential and Motors upgraded -- some in warranty and some out of pocket -- but it was worth the upgrades.
Weren't you one of the individuals that got ripped off by Lormax? If I recall you sent the RDM to "Fixthekarma" then he never sent it back to you. Is that part of your "out of pocket cost"? Is he the one that rebuilt your RDM or was it done again? What ended up happening with that story?
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2019, 12:01 AM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I’m driving into buffalo and have a company transporting from there.
Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:44 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I’m getting the car from ŗ Karma dealer ship here in Montreal, apparently they certify the car and handle the mechanics... i may need to get more info on the warranty... is it in house or do they ship to California all the time.

This is great info; please keep it coming.
Jscar@sympatico.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I received my car in Santa Monica in December 2011 and have been driving it 2 times a week since then with no problems to speak of. The only issue I have is my iPod no longer functions with the radio system (since 2 years). Pretty minor. Took it to the new Karma Dealer in Pasadena for the 10,000 mile Service in 2016 and then later on for replacement of the airbag in 2017, which the new KA company provided at no charge. So, I am one of those owners very happy and loving the car. It does go through tires pretty quickly until one discovers to not drive it around corners at maximum grip. Have my 2nd set now going on 8K miles, but will be replacing rears this summer. Lots of the other owners comments are excellent. The car you are looking at has had lots of things already done to it, appears to have been well serviced which could be a 'good thing' for the new owner. 50 K miles (?) seems like a lot to me. I have 14 K on mine. No idea of cold weather - I am in Santa Barbara!
alexofsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexofsb View Post
I received my car in Santa Monica in December 2011 and have been driving it 2 times a week since then with no problems to speak of. The only issue I have is my iPod no longer functions with the radio system (since 2 years). Pretty minor. Took it to the new Karma Dealer in Pasadena for the 10,000 mile Service in 2016 and then later on for replacement of the airbag in 2017, which the new KA company provided at no charge. So, I am one of those owners very happy and loving the car. It does go through tires pretty quickly until one discovers to not drive it around corners at maximum grip. Have my 2nd set now going on 8K miles, but will be replacing rears this summer. Lots of the other owners comments are excellent. The car you are looking at has had lots of things already done to it, appears to have been well serviced which could be a 'good thing' for the new owner. 50 K miles (?) seems like a lot to me. I have 14 K on mine. No idea of cold weather - I am in Santa Barbara!

Nice feedback. It is AWESOME to see comments from original owners! I agree with everything you said except that 50k miles seems like a lot. Letís look at it closer - thatís less than 8k miles per year, and John used it as a daily driver. If heís had the RDM reworked, combined with all of the standard maintenance and updates, then I feel like this is a car that a person could feel pretty comfortable buying. The best bet is still buying a certified Fisker from @FiskerPhilly, but this car is/was a good deal too.

I wish I had known the previous owner of my car, but thatís another novel...
EasyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:42 AM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

I am an original owner, took delivery in December 2011 of car #007 and it still is a great car, no big problems! Pat's Garage in San Francisco has been taking great care of it since FA service went away. The car performers wonderfully, and I often say it is one of the most reliable cars I have owned, but that also must consider that I've owned some real problem cars ;-)

Dave_Car_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #19 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)

my 2 cts:
the fisker is a car for people who appreciate design and enjoy being nearly the only person driving one in their area. it does not hurt to also have a high tolerance for automotive bs.

the best thing to do is get the car completely checked out by a knowledgeable tech, which you appear to have done already with the karma dealer certification; and then just drive it very regularly. it should then remain in the right state. occasional blips might come up, but the car sometimes just heals itself. and then you have the warranty to fall back on.

in my case, i bought a problem car for a discounted price, and knew i would have to deal with issues. once i owned it for about 6 months and could identify all the issues, i took it to the dealer and had it all done, and it ran very well for almost a year. then i had a fan failure (houston summers are not easy), which i had replaced locally. thereafter all my issues were minor and self inflicted.

i will also second the suggestion of a tom module. i had mine installed last month, and after figuring out how to use it properly, it has proven to be a significant positive change to the driving experience. i drive it mostly in stealth and EV, and the car charges itself, without me having to do much external charging - which was a problem for me in the condo i am in now.

so stay positive about your fisker. enjoy the beautiful and unique design, and all of the attention that it garners. the driving experience is unlike any other car you have ever driven.
rosssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:25 PM   #20 (permalink)

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage

I have owned my Fisker for about 18 months and I drive it a much as I can (but not in the winters up north),and I love it.
Signature Car #13, Silver Mirage, Tri-Tone Mohave
buzinvest is offline   Reply With Quote