New Fisker Karma owner in NC - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2019, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Default New Fisker Karma owner in NC

I purchased a 2012 Fisker Karma that was in Chicago and had it shipped to NC. Supposed to come with key fobs but it didn’t and it was locked. The shipper ($1000) couldn’t get it off the auto carrier, so they ended up dropping it off 3 hours away from me. Thinking it was inside (what I was told) no locksmith could get into the car. As a last resort we had to bust the passenger side rear window to get in. I almost cried.

Of course as luck would have it, there were no keys. I was now able to open the hood and doors, but obviously not crank the car. I then had it shipped ($500) once again to Foreign Cars Italia of Greensboro where Google states that they work on these cars. After several days, they can’t program the key fobs that I purchased for ($250). They also quoted an outrageous price of $1100 to replace the window.

Found a window ($199) on eBay and a core lock kit ($195) that should be here tomorrow. I now have to get it shipped once again to the closest Fisker Karma dealer which is in Atlanta ($300). After I pay the place where it is ($135) for not being able to do anything.

The parts should be here tomorrow and I will put them in the car prior to shipping it to the Atlanta dealership.

I have never even driven the car, and I have spent a huge amount of money already just to get it. Nothing compares to the look of this car, I hope it’s worth it. My wish is that the Atlanta dealership could assist with the CIU and TOM upgrades, but I realize it’s all aftermarket.

Does anyone have any advice for me while I have it at the Fisker dealer? Software upgrades, specific versions? Maintenance?

I truly hope to be driving this soon. At this pace it doesn’t feel like it, but I’m hopeful.
Milestone1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone1201 View Post
I purchased a 2012 Fisker Karma that was in Chicago and had it shipped to NC. Supposed to come with key fobs but it didn’t and it was locked. The shipper ($1000) couldn’t get it off the auto carrier, so they ended up dropping it off 3 hours away from me. Thinking it was inside (what I was told) no locksmith could get into the car. As a last resort we had to bust the passenger side rear window to get in. I almost cried.

Of course as luck would have it, there were no keys. I was now able to open the hood and doors, but obviously not crank the car. I then had it shipped ($500) once again to Foreign Cars Italia of Greensboro where Google states that they work on these cars. After several days, they can’t program the key fobs that I purchased for ($250). They also quoted an outrageous price of $1100 to replace the window.

Found a window ($199) on eBay and a core lock kit ($195) that should be here tomorrow. I now have to get it shipped once again to the closest Fisker Karma dealer which is in Atlanta ($300). After I pay the place where it is ($135) for not being able to do anything.

The parts should be here tomorrow and I will put them in the car prior to shipping it to the Atlanta dealership.

I have never even driven the car, and I have spent a huge amount of money already just to get it. Nothing compares to the look of this car, I hope it’s worth it. My wish is that the Atlanta dealership could assist with the CIU and TOM upgrades, but I realize it’s all aftermarket.

Does anyone have any advice for me while I have it at the Fisker dealer? Software upgrades, specific versions? Maintenance?

I truly hope to be driving this soon. At this pace it doesn’t feel like it, but I’m hopeful.
If you can, ship it to Joe in Pennsylvania. You will save a considerable sum of money vs shipping it to the Atlanta dealer. You will also get all your issues sorted out once and for all.

https://evolutionautosports.com/
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I send them an email through their site, but I am unsure of anything after your response. I am hoping they call me back today because I know they will assign a driver soon and once that is done I lose my shipping deposit.

Would sending it to Evolution Autosports be better than sending it to the dealer in Atlanta? It’s Sunday and I cannot get in contact with anyone at Evolution.
Milestone1201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2019, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Ship it to Joe at Evolution, PERIOD!!!!
2012 Fisker Karma EC Earth/Earth #1466
Purchased 3/24/2012
ufojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage

I live in Atlanta, bought my car from the Atlanta dealership and had plenty of great service there. Having said that, I still sent my car to Joe when it was time to do some big maintenance and updates.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles; I'm curious how they got it on the carrier without keys in the first place.

Brent
Old 01-13-2019, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Send the car to Joe and where do you live in NC.
I live in Cameron and Joe did all the work on mine.
carnutdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Wwoooooowwwww i had this same exact problem , i bought my car from California they shipped it to me without key and stated the key was in vehicle luckily the door was unlocked , but it was still stuck on shippers big rig which i paid $1500 for shipping then i had to have it took 3 hours away from
To get the vehicle off the big rig with huge fork lifts which cost me $500 then had it put on my car hauler and hauled it to Fort Worth Texas to frank Kent Cadillac we’re they charged me $3000 to program a new key and two key fobs to my vehicle , this **** is all bad with these cars
Fiskerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskerguy View Post
Wwoooooowwwww i had this same exact problem , i bought my car from California they shipped it to me without key and stated the key was in vehicle luckily the door was unlocked , but it was still stuck on shippers big rig which i paid $1500 for shipping then i had to have it took 3 hours away from
To get the vehicle off the big rig with huge fork lifts which cost me $500 then had it put on my car hauler and hauled it to Fort Worth Texas to frank Kent Cadillac we’re they charged me $3000 to program a new key and two key fobs to my vehicle , this **** is all bad with these cars
$3000 to program new keys and two fobs? that is nuts It takes literally 5 mins to program new keys. New fobs can be had for less than $300.

Next time, you are better off calling Joe at EVolution. If you go to any of these other guys you are asking to get ripped off
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Garage

I live in Atlanta and have had great service from Classic Caddy, but I would agree take it to Joe for the first time and get the expert to look it over.
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone1201 View Post
I purchased a 2012 Fisker Karma that was in Chicago and had it shipped to NC. Supposed to come with key fobs but it didnít and it was locked. The shipper ($1000) couldnít get it off the auto carrier, so they ended up dropping it off 3 hours away from me. Thinking it was inside (what I was told) no locksmith could get into the car. As a last resort we had to bust the passenger side rear window to get in. I almost cried.

Of course as luck would have it, there were no keys. I was now able to open the hood and doors, but obviously not crank the car. I then had it shipped ($500) once again to Foreign Cars Italia of Greensboro where Google states that they work on these cars. After several days, they canít program the key fobs that I purchased for ($250). They also quoted an outrageous price of $1100 to replace the window.

I have never even driven the car, and I have spent a huge amount of money already just to get it. Nothing compares to the look of this car, I hope itís worth it. My wish is that the Atlanta dealership could assist with the CIU and TOM upgrades, but I realize itís all aftermarket.

I truly hope to be driving this soon. At this pace it doesnít feel like it, but Iím hopeful.
Wait!
How did it get on the carrier without a keyfob to start it?

Who did you buy it from? They are responsible for getting you the keys! Why are you not contacting the person or place you bought it from?
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote