View Poll Results: Cracked Command Center Touchscreen
Replace / repair touchscreen 2 28.57%
Replace Command Center module with similar or used part 2 28.57%
Purchase new command center unit (Revero?) 2 28.57%
Purchase new unit from a different manufacturer 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2018, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Default Napless in Indianapolis

I turned in my Tesla 2015 P85D off lease, and bought an EcoSport on eBay in July. The Tesla lease was a horrendously miserable experience from start to finish. I was gouged by Tesla, swindled by the bank, and to add insult to injury, the IRS denied me the tax credit for the 2014 P85+ I traded in for the P85D.

Although overall I have been very pleased with the EcoSport, the touch screen does not have quite the durability of Tesla's. Frustrated after pushing the Audio icon on the Fisker display screen repeatedly in an attempt to change a radio station, I pressed a bit too hard and somehow managed to crack the screen.

Although the interior climate adjusts for the outside weather, I am now unable to "AGREE" to move beyond the initial power on screen.

There is a Karma Revero Dealership in Chicago. And I know a Tesla master technician.

What is my best option? Try to find a replacement part or replace the entire unit if salvage parts exist? Or purchase a new system? I doubt the Revero's system will be compatible, but many of the features looks similar.
GLENRGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLENRGY View Post
I turned in my Tesla 2015 P85D off lease, and bought an EcoSport on eBay in July. The Tesla lease was a horrendously miserable experience from start to finish. I was gouged by Tesla, swindled by the bank, and to add insult to injury, the IRS denied me the tax credit for the 2014 P85+ I traded in for the P85D.

Although overall I have been very pleased with the EcoSport, the touch screen does not have quite the durability of Tesla's. Frustrated after pushing the Audio icon on the Fisker display screen repeatedly in an attempt to change a radio station, I pressed a bit too hard and somehow managed to crack the screen.

Although the interior climate adjusts for the outside weather, I am now unable to "AGREE" to move beyond the initial power on screen.

There is a Karma Revero Dealership in Chicago. And I know a Tesla master technician.

What is my best option? Try to find a replacement part or replace the entire unit if salvage parts exist? Or purchase a new system? I doubt the Revero's system will be compatible, but many of the features looks similar.
Contact Joe he carries screens 267-210-3986
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Quote:

What is my best option? Try to find a replacement part or replace the entire unit if salvage parts exist? Or purchase a new system? I doubt the Revero's system will be compatible, but many of the features looks similar. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif[/IMG]
Unfortunately with the fisker CIU besides pressing too hard(which u should never do). U gotta give it about 10 secs to start loading & responding to stuff on start up. If not it will just get stuck sometimes then respond about 4 or 5 seconds later. It's better to wait until the ready sign disappears.
Deep Ocean/Earth Tri-Tone Eco-Chic VIN#1506 May Good Karma Be With U Always!
HybridFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2018, 02:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

I spoke with John, the service and parts manager at the new Karma Chicago. $1700 for the touch screen (no updates or improvements since the original) + 2 hours labor @$180/hr.

The Revero CIU is not compatible with Fisker. You all probably already know everything else he told me. Karma has no interest in modifying or upgrading the 2012s. Karma is in business to lease and sell new cars. Other than purportedly fixing all the bugs and idiosyncrasies with the Fisker, the main advantage of the Revero seems to be that the solar panel in the roof will charge the battery pack, not just the 12 V battery.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
I spoke with John, the service and parts manager at the new Karma Chicago. $1700 for the touch screen (no updates or improvements since the original) + 2 hours labor @$180/hr.

The Revero CIU is not compatible with Fisker. You all probably already know everything else he told me. Karma has no interest in modifying or upgrading the 2012s. Karma is in business to lease and sell new cars. Other than purportedly fixing all the bugs and idiosyncrasies with the Fisker, the main advantage of the Revero seems to be that the solar panel in the roof will charge the battery pack, not just the 12 V battery.
powersoruce was working on a new CIU, don't know the status, but he has been prototyping, maybe you can be a special case for him and let you beta -- would be nice to get an impression from a TELSA user ..
Old 10-26-2018, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage

I think Steven summed up the Fisker screen in comparison with other vehicles best, in giving it a score of 1: https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/28...-vs-c-max.html

That being the case (and I agree, it's the weakest link in the whole car), I hope you can find an alternative, and not sink over $1000 into replacing this with an equally horrible alternative. Like Nin Ja, I'd beg powersource for something better.
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)

Quote:
the IRS denied me the tax credit... Although the interior climate adjusts for the outside weather,
Hi Glenrgy, I'm sorry to hear about your screen.

Two things. Do not use auto climate control, it will automatically turn the blower to max almost every time. Or at least more often than not. Just manually set the temp and blower speeds. (I'm sure you have done this, but just in case, did you disconnect the high voltage harness to reset your computer?)

Also the tax deduction is only if you buy the car. Did the Tesla dealer tell you that you could make the deduction? The IRS the form is pretty clear on that, only the leasing company can take the deduction.

I would definitely find a used unit before buying a new one. Maybe FiskerPhilly or HarleyGuy can find one for you. They both are great mechanics and a lot cheaper than the dealer for installation and parts.

If it makes you fell any better, My BM-Trouble-U i8 has been in the shop for a few weeks now, and I have a feeling it will be a few months before I get it back. Thank goodness for a warranty and a free loaner.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage

I purchased two Teslas. The 2012 Roadster 2.5 coupe convertible, and the P85 sedan. The IRS gave me tax credit on one of them, but not the other. I traded in the 2014 sedan for the 2015 P85D sedan, thinking that Tesla would continue to make upgrades to the battery, and my 2014 sedan would plummet in value. I paid about $110,000 for the 2014, and the trade in value was $85k. The 2015 P85D list was about $120k. In calculating the value of the 2015, Tesla/USA Bank deducted the tax rebate when I signed my lease, then added it back when I wanted to buy it out at lease end. So Tesla/USA Bank claimed the $7500 tax credit, then turned around and added $7500 on at lease end because I couldn't take the tax credit. So the buyout was $85,000, and I had zero equity in the car. Make sense? Of course not.

I had the temp set at around 70. So the heat comes on when it's cold, and AC comes on when it's hot. The drawback is that I can't control the defogger or heated seats. I'm sure eventually something will come up and I will need access to the CIU. For now I am using my phone for music and navigation.