karma 2012 does not start - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Jordan
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default karma 2012 does not start

Dear every one,,

My name is Mahmoud, i am new here.
I am located in Jordan (middle east). i purchase 2012 used Karma from U.A.E Dubai five months ago, every thing with my karma was fine until last month.
Almost 25 days until today my karma is died, do not want start and also do not want charge.
Check engine and ready light is blink.
When i connect charger,,, i did not here any sound, and it is show on the dash board charging light but without charge.
I try to do hard reset, and i replace 12 V battery with new one. but still the same.
I try to use OBD tool to read trouble code and it showing this:
P0A7B: Battery Energy Control Module Requested Mil Illumination.
P0A80: Replace Hybrid/EV Battery Pack.

Please gentlemen, Can some body can help me regarding this issue.

VIN: 0097

Thanks in advance
Mahmoud2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
LonePalmBJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 1,172
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmoud2018 View Post
Dear every one,,

My name is Mahmoud, i am new here.
I am located in Jordan (middle east). i purchase 2012 used Karma from U.A.E Dubai five months ago, every thing with my karma was fine until last month.
Almost 25 days until today my karma is died, do not want start and also do not want charge.
Check engine and ready light is blink.
When i connect charger,,, i did not here any sound, and it is show on the dash board charging light but without charge.
I try to do hard reset, and i replace 12 V battery with new one. but still the same.
I try to use OBD tool to read trouble code and it showing this:
P0A7B: Battery Energy Control Module Requested Mil Illumination.
P0A80: Replace Hybrid/EV Battery Pack.

Please gentlemen, Can some body can help me regarding this issue.

VIN: 0097

Thanks in advance

Good luck! I hope one of the knowledgeable members here can help you.

Also, @buzinvest, note the VIN
__________________
Owner: Karma EcoSport Deep Ocean/Black
LonePalmBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ira
Senior Member
 
Ira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Check the battery pack's date code. It's the second set of 4-digits in the serial number, which is at the rear of the pack. If the code is greater than 1213, your current pack was manufactured with known good cells; otherwise it was on A123's recall list and should have been replaced due to manufacturing defects. (The code means the 13th week of 2012.)



But even replacement batteries can fail - especially after 6 years in service and especially in a hot climate.



Generally speaking, a repair on a newer battery can be attempted by replacing modules. Older batteries can also be repaired but they will remain failure prone, so it's not recommended. (That's why A123 and Fisker initiated a full pack replacement program in early 2012.) Unfortunately, the subsequent bankruptcies of both companies shortened the life of that program.


All that being said, VIN 0097 is likely a member of the first 100 vehicles manufactured as a "collector series." So if you want to keep the car, your best bet is to try and obtain a known good battery from Karma Automotive (or one of it's dealers) and have it dropped shipped to you in Jordan, assuming you have access to a skilled mechanic who can install it, and you can allocate around $25K for the battery, shipping, installation and disposal of the old battery.
__________________
Karma - Shadow/Canyon #1292

Last edited by Ira; 09-04-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Ira is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 09-04-2018, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,172
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Default

Need PRODIS contact @Harleyguy he has the tool
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
buzinvest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: (30 min. S. of Cleveland, Ohio)
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
Default

LonePalmBJ:
Thanks for the heads up on the VIN 0097, I have updated my Fisker Karma Signature Edition(SE) Spreadsheets to note SE Car #97 's new owner, etc. I will follow the posts in this thread and reach out to Mahmoud2018 soon.
Thanks! Really appreciate the help.
__________________
Buzinvest
Signature Car #13, Silver Mirage, Tri-Tone Mohave
buzinvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Jordan
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default

Dear Guys,,

Thanks for your quick response.
I am trying checking the whole wiring diagrams for my karma.
I found one of the wiring behind the rear left wheel cover broken, and i am trying to attached photo but its not uploading.
The wire which i found its coming from charging port to metal device on the rear left tire.
Is this my problem?
Or this can solve my problem with charge???

Thank you guys.
Mahmoud2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FiskerPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmoud2018 View Post
Dear Guys,,

Thanks for your quick response.
I am trying checking the whole wiring diagrams for my karma.
I found one of the wiring behind the rear left wheel cover broken, and i am trying to attached photo but its not uploading.
The wire which i found its coming from charging port to metal device on the rear left tire.
Is this my problem?
Or this can solve my problem with charge???

Thank you guys.
Sounds like it. That wire harness goes from the charge port to the OBCM (on board charging module) which is located behind the left rear tire. Fix the wire and see what happens. Just be careful it is not a thick orange cable those are high voltage and deadly.
__________________
EVolution Autosports
EV & Hybrid Performance
Fisker Specialists
[email protected]
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Jordan
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiskerPhilly View Post
Sounds like it. That wire harness goes from the charge port to the OBCM (on board charging module) which is located behind the left rear tire. Fix the wire and see what happens. Just be careful it is not a thick orange cable those are high voltage and deadly.
I already fix the wire,,, And i try again hard reset,,, But the same. nothing change i am not able to charge my Karma and i cannot start the engine.
Please guys help me???? what to do over here???
Any idea can help me??? or how to do re flash for modules???
Who can do this? i am ready to pay if some body solve my problem.

Thanks for every one can help.
Mahmoud2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,172
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmoud2018 View Post
I already fix the wire,,, And i try again hard reset,,, But the same. nothing change i am not able to charge my Karma and i cannot start the engine.
Please guys help me???? what to do over here???
Any idea can help me??? or how to do re flash for modules???
Who can do this? i am ready to pay if some body solve my problem.

Thanks for every one can help.
As previously stated you need to get the prodis tool. @Harleyguy can probably help you with that as he can ship you the tool and remotely diagnose it. Just randomly doing things to the car probably won't help.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Jordan
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
As previously stated you need to get the prodis tool. @Harleyguy can probably help you with that as he can ship you the tool and remotely diagnose it. Just randomly doing things to the car probably won't help.
I have no problem with this, i am ready to pay any charges amount but i want to fix the problem.
But i want my karma come back alive.
Please (Harleyguy) if you can do some help for my karma ????

Thanks all of you guys.
Good luck for every one.
Mahmoud2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engine does not start to produce electricity to keep car going even in Sport mode. Laguna Blue Dune Fisker Karma 12 08-14-2018 06:33 PM
Not a good way to start the new year... Richard Carnes Fisker Karma 14 01-10-2013 04:26 PM
Mitt Romney does not like Fisker JSPONSLER The Fisker Lounge 31 11-08-2012 03:35 PM
Thread does not exist flying dutchman Forum Information 1 07-15-2012 06:49 PM
Navigation System Does Not Function JSPONSLER Fisker Karma 10 06-19-2012 02:13 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.