Recently Purchased #762 Deep Ocean Blue - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default Recently Purchased #762 Deep Ocean Blue

New to the Family! I recently purchased #762 from Private Collection Motors down in Costa Mesa, CA. Great buying experience!

Thanks to Fisker Buzz (FB), I was well prepared at the time I made my purchase as I already knew most of the major items to inspect.

It is true that these cars have a personality all of their own. Mine, maybe more than most, but thanks to FB forums I have been able to resolve most of the issues on my own.

I do use this car as my daily driver (initially had 6k miles; now 14k) and have not yet experienced any dash codes (least not after upgrading to 520).

Current Gremlins:
1. Light growling noise when backing up (I did not hear at time of inspection) Ė Have the ACDelco and limited slip differential fluids so will see if that resolves. Note: I havenít fully jacked up the car so I donít know where the gear oil drain and fill plugs are located.
If anyone can reply or post a couple of pics, I would greatly appreciate it! I am very familiar working with differentials; just not with the RDM.

2. Right rear turn signal light not working; confirmed problem is not with the tail light so something either with the plug-in connector or the wiring to the connector.

3. TPMS light lit on dash only. Diagnostic screen shows no problem. I've read up on this one and have purchased the ATEQ VT31. If the tire pressure down test does not work, than will ask Pat's Garage to reset it.

4. Driver B pillar rattling noise; suspect loose clip

5. Right passenger rear window rattling/wind noise between the big and small window; kinda sounds a little bit like a loose clip sound but noticed the weather strip looks to be a bit flattend on the small island between the two windows at the top.

6. Blown left rear speaker Ė Purchased a replacement but have not yet attempted the installation. Have to remove the rear center console in order to remove the dash panel from what I have read.

Other than that the car runs great! Lol! Seriously though, I love the all-over design and driving experience of these Karmas! What a ride!

Lastly, I did install the TOM20 kit from PowerSource which btw I highly recommend! The way this car was meant to be driven: 4x driving modes of which two recharge the HV battery. The kit also came with a Stock Mode connector for when servicing at the CSP. I must admit though I was very hesitant to cut into the HCU wires for the TOM20 install.

Regards,
Mark
Millertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Millertime,

Welcome to the forum. I joined the unique family Karma owners about a month ago. I too own a Deep Ocean Blue car with the Black Sand interior. You are correct, these are amazing cars and the forum was extremely helpful in my decision.

I'd like to hear more about your experience with the Tom Module. I may go down this road in the future. Again, welcome to the family of Fisker Karma Owners.

FskrWatch
Deep Ocean Blue, Black Sand Interior #1124
FskrWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Garage

Welcome and I too have a TOM installed by FISKERPHILLY -- Great experience, highly recommend!

Old 06-21-2018, 02:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Nin ja!

FskrWatch - Send me a PM and I can provide more informationon the TOM20. Unless your really good at cutting & soldering wires in a tight space, highly recommend you have a CSP perform the install. I believe I still have the videos on the install process.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime View Post
Thanks Nin ja!

FskrWatch - Send me a PM and I can provide more informationon the TOM20. Unless your really good at cutting & soldering wires in a tight space, highly recommend you have a CSP perform the install. I believe I still have the videos on the install process.
I already installed it -- downgraded from 535 to 520 -- love it!
Old 06-21-2018, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)

Mark @Millertime, Welcome aboard and glad to have you join the community. Please post some photos of your new Karma when you have an opportunity. This is a long-standing tradition on Fiskerbuzz. See you on the threads.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks Fabulist. In keeping with tradition, I've attached some photos of my ride along with some photos from the Los Gatos Lodge meet.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Here's the link to my car album: I'll have to work on some better landscapes but been having too much fun driving it!

https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/me...cean-blue.html
Old 07-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Here's the link to the 2018 Los Gatos Lodge Karma Event: I took a couple pics of the lineup.
https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/members/54345-millertime-albums-los-gatos-lodge-karma-event-2018.html

Last edited by Millertime; 07-13-2018 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

In follow up to my Gremlins:

1. Light growling noise when backing up -

Pat's Garage in San Francisco (highly recommend as your local CSP!) Naz test drove the car and forewarned me that the growling sounds like the soft splines. I elected to change out the gear oil and added the AC Delco limited slip differential fluid (LSD) in any case since already there. He was right though, the light growling noise appears to be coming from the soft splines usually occurs when slowly backing up with the wheels turned; like when backing up a driveway. Just need to be careful as I don't want to have to spend the $$$ on that fix. Note: Changing out the gear oil will leave some residual spillage as the fill plug is hard to reach so once full some excess will leak out onto the support and eventually may create a small puddle in your garage or driveway. Least I was forewarned and it did happen so don't panic if you see some residual gear oil after changing. Bad design.

If anyone can reply or post a couple of pics, I would greatly appreciate it! I am very familiar working with differentials; just not with the RDM.

I haven't taken the pics yet but I no know where are the drain and fill plugs. I will see when next I can climb under the car and take some pics as I'm gonna have to remove the rear bumper cover to fix the tail light turn signal problem.

Last edited by Millertime; 07-13-2018 at 06:39 PM.