Bay Area repair shop - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Default Bay Area repair shop

I'm looking to buy a Fisker and I know Pats Garage is an authorized repair shop. The car I am looking at was serviced by a local McLaren dealership. Any thoughts? Any specific questions I should be asking besides the software update? I do know some of the batteries have been serviced and replaced.

Thank you.
JAM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quoted: 83 Post(s)

search in the form there is lot of info, the high mileage the better
But the major issues with the car are RDM ,motors soft splines and batteries modules,coupler.
Rdm 6K/ 2 motors 5K EACH + LABOUR ( they usually don't all fail at same time )
HV BATTERY each modules 3k ,,coupler 3k..
Early vin so high chances rdm will fail ( if not updated by fisker motors with green dot or better rework with hard splines ) , from mine and members experience RDM see it Failed @5k 10k 20k 25k ,I saw it vin 16xx and low vin,,
smggsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I agree with smggsm and you will find more than you care to know about by searching every corner of this forum.
I am in the Bay Area and I bought a car that was originally sold and serviced by the McLaren Palo Alto dealer (formerly Silicon Valley Fisker I guess). I bought my car from a private party back in January 2015. I love my car and it has been running just fine.
Search for this forum and you will find more references and comments about Fisker Silicon Valley. I plan on taking my car to Pats garage soon because he is the official CSP in the Bay Area. If Pat's garage was not here, I would most likely use the Mc Laren dealer because the previous owner has a documented service history with them and he recommended them to me.
Feel free to PM me if you need more info.
OceanK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

@JAM_22 - at a minimum, you should have Pat's Garage hook up the Fisker to their Prodis scan tool (if they have one) and do a complete assessment of the car before you buy it.

Given that @FiskerPhilly will soon be offering Certified Pre Owned (CPO) Karmas, you should consider those as well:

https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/23-...available.html

Not only will they have been checked and serviced thoroughly, including replacement of key components, they will come with a 2-year factory bumper-to-bumper warranty. I also saw recently that another dealer is now listing CPO Karmas on Cars.com, but I didn't check to see if that dealer is a CSP dealer. I would assume they are, but didn't confirm.

Definitely take your time to ensure you find the right one.

Good luck!
Old 11-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you for all of the suggestions. Much appreciated.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ira

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM_22 View Post
I'm looking to buy a Fisker and I know Pats Garage is an authorized repair shop. The car I am looking at was serviced by a local McLaren dealership. Any thoughts? Any specific questions I should be asking besides the software update? I do know some of the batteries have been serviced and replaced.

Thank you.
Last I heard (several months ago) there was a very knowledgeable Fisker tech at McLaren. So if you go to McLaren, make sure you have access to that tech.

With regard to Pat's Garage, I just came back from a "meet and greet" visit where I received a warm welcome from Pat and his staff. As a courtesy, they did a health check on my Karma while I was getting a tour and Pat was telling me about his history with A123 and Fisker. They had nine Karmas at the garage.

Pat is a proud owner of a Karma himself, and I was super impressed with his shop, and his depth of knowledge and his commitment to the marque.

For me, having Pat's Garage servicing the Bay Area has raised the enjoyment of Fisker ownership to an entirely new level.

Attachment 7745
Karma - Shadow/Canyon #1292

Last edited by Ira; 02-12-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Ira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

@Ira - Thanks for the comments. I have spoken to Pat twice in the last two days and he has been very helpful in my pursuit to join the Fisker club and has eased my concern about the reliability of the car (if that is possible).

I also want to give a huge thank you to Patrick for talking with me about his experience. I owe you a coffee or an adult beverage.

Last, but not least, thank you to the person that referred me to You Tube. Too many videos to count. But, very helpful and encouraging.

I find this forum to be a great resource and I look forward to being an owner one day.

The VIN on the car I am looking at is in the 1200 range and was recently serviced for a battery issue, but did not have the software updated. Kind of odd, but Pat (Pat's Garage) did not seem to be concerned since it is covered by the warranty.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post
For me, having Pat's Garage servicing the Bay Area has raised the enjoyment of Fisker ownership to an entirely new level.
I feel the same way having Corey Hom's Vault here in Scottsdale!
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage

@JAM_22 have you seen my pm from yesterday?
P90XMC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 02:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Any idea the cost to replace a key? The car I am buying only has one key.