Houston Texas - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2015, 05:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage

I agree Fabulist, unless you are speculating, it's best to wait for the end of April to see what ELUX plans to do. I hear great things are and will happen, lets hope it something exciting and lasting. This car is to good looking to fail.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for the feed back. I found a place that does warranties on these cars, but I'm not too sure how legit they are. But yeah there isn't a dealership here in Houston. I'd have to pull it with the F250. That'd be a nightmare.
HoustonSig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSig View Post
Thanks for the feed back. I found a place that does warranties on these cars, but I'm not too sure how legit they are. But yeah there isn't a dealership here in Houston. I'd have to pull it with the F250. That'd be a nightmare.
Let me know the place and I can find out if they are doing warranty work .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2015, 10:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Direct buy warranty. Ever heard of them?
Old 04-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

I couldn't find a 3rd party who'd warranty a Karma (for less than $10K). And you can't "tow" a Fisker. You have to flatbed it.
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:21 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quoted: 33 Post(s)

@HoustonSig - a contrary perspective to those previously expressed is this: if you really want a Karma, and you are willing to take a risk - buy it NOW - before the announcement at the end of April. If that announcement is as good as we've heard, I think the price of used Karmas will go up.

Right now, there are many who don't know about the announcement, or who have heard but are skeptical. (The buzz community has heard that good news is coming before.) Currently, the Karma is at a low point. the company is bankrupt, and the original, comprehensive warranty, is nada. For a few lucky owners, a more limited warranty exists, but that is not really a viable option for most Karma owners, being thousands of miles from Miami, Philly and San Francisco.

Who knows how much the price will go up? We'll all find out. Right now I think most buyers are factoring in not only that the Karma is used, but also the uncertainty about keeping it running. If that uncertainty changes.....the price could increase by quite a bit.
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:39 AM   #17 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

I tend to agree with EVer1 - it seems like the market has already hit rock bottom for Karma prices.

Until recently, there really was no vision for a long term support plan for existing Karmas (what that long term plan actually is remains to be seen for the vast majority who haven't personally seen or heard what's coming).

From my perspective, the original owners and secondary owners have survived the riskiest times...no warranty, no service/repair center in every major city or market, limited replacement parts, software needing additional enhancements, RDMs/TMs with known design issues, etc.

That said, each person needs to make the best decision for their personal situation. Personally, if I could talk my wife into driving a Karma, I'd trade in her car today and get a 2nd Karma.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

I was thinking the same. I feel a comback. Parts will be easier to obtain. It looks like you guys have a great support group here. My friends friend has one for sale. He said it was in a fender bender. No issues. $9k miles

Can I get a Vin check? YH4K16AA9CA000227 I looked it up all updates are good to go.

As for towing, I was kidding. My best friend owns Mo Muscle in the Woodlands, TX and he has all the equiptment I need to pull. I found a full warranty for $6k.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-08-2015, 11:28 AM   #19 (permalink)

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)

Car was Sold out of Houston has very little back round on it seems to be all up to date noting major replaced
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #20 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVer1 View Post
@HoustonSig - a contrary perspective to those previously expressed is this: if you really want a Karma, and you are willing to take a risk - buy it NOW - before the announcement at the end of April. If that announcement is as good as we've heard, I think the price of used Karmas will go up.

Right now, there are many who don't know about the announcement, or who have heard but are skeptical. (The buzz community has heard that good news is coming before.) Currently, the Karma is at a low point. the company is bankrupt, and the original, comprehensive warranty, is nada. For a few lucky owners, a more limited warranty exists, but that is not really a viable option for most Karma owners, being thousands of miles from Miami, Philly and San Francisco.

Who knows how much the price will go up? We'll all find out. Right now I think most buyers are factoring in not only that the Karma is used, but also the uncertainty about keeping it running. If that uncertainty changes.....the price could increase by quite a bit.
Good assessment, but I doubt there will be much of an uptick just a little more price stability from the rapid free fall. The car has gone through just over a 50% depreciation in 4-5 years, which sounds shocking to most owners but is actually about the norm in the used car world when you compare it to any other luxury car (Mercedes S class, BMW 7-series, Maserati QP, etc) that sold new in the same price range of a $100-130k bracket. The difference with the Karma is a smaller spread between wholesale and retail pricing since no one in their right mind on the retail side wants the risk exposure that this car brings, so a quick flip with slight instead of normal profit mark-up is the norm and reflected in pricing in the market.
sherrillt is offline   Reply With Quote