Fisker Buzz Forums banner

replaced 12v battery interstate battery at Costco, but no screen, pnrd

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  FiskerTech 
#1 ·
battery went dead after sitting for a couple months, recharged first but no screen or instrument panel or pnrd, so replaced 12v and did hard reset, still no screen ,instrument panel or pnrd, need some help !!!! lodi, ca.

#2 ·
The Instrument panel cluster and PRND switch unit have lost their "wake up" signal from the VCM. This happens alot when the 12v battery dies. It typically occurs when the battery goes dead before the car goes to sleep before the modules have had a chance to write their data to memory. This corrupts the VCM (vehicle control module) software and for some reason it stops sending it's wake up signal out to that branch of the network. I've fixed a dozen of these, need to reflash software to the VGM then VCM to correct. If you are not near a dealer with a Fisker scan tool and latest software, I can send you mine and fix it remotely. PM me if you need the help.

#5 ·
@FiskerPhilly really deserves huge Kudos for implementing a really practical portable solution for these types of problems. Bringing the mountain to Mohamed seems to be working great for a lot of esoteric Fisker-specific problems. Thank you for making this option available for those of us in the Fisker hinterlands. Now if only he could come up with a remote robotic system to rebuild an RDM, we will really be in business.

#6 ·
@FiskerPhilly really deserves huge Kudos for implementing a really practical portable solution for these types of problems. Bringing the mountain to Mohamed seems to be working great for a lot of esoteric Fisker-specific problems. Thank you for making this option available for those of us in the Fisker hinterlands. Now if only he could come up with a remote robotic system to rebuild an RDM, we will really be in business.
And HV Batteries.

#13 ·
FiskerPhilly simply sending "reset to new" command through flash lite at the VCM patch will bring vehicle back to live.

If that dose not work you can do bench wake up. Just little FYI

What does 'reset to new' really involve? I read, that he had to flash two modules... Is there a something like a 'recovery partition' in our cars?

#14 ·
Stefan

reset to new its a file in fisker flashing tool to restore module to virgin state. Depending on what modules have not save there data and what was lost, that will dictate on what modules have to be flash back after you perform reset to new. Both VCM - vehicle control module and VGM- vehicle gateway module have an option of restoring to new. I had cars on older software that will required complete software update. then most of the cars on bl510 will require only few modules to be re flash after restore to new.

BL520 should be out soon and it looks very good. So most of this problems will be something of the past.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.