solar panels? - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default solar panels?

I wonder about the EV idea? Nobody talks about solar energy? I mean I can understand the Karma it is so beautifull and drives so nice... if you have the money just by it... But the Fisker idea was green? Electricity comes from nuclear or fossiel fuel... It only makes sence if you have your own green (preferable) energy source...

I mean at some point it will have to make sence... or in time the concept will die all together, when the hype is over...
paradin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I actually consider nuclear to be green energy too but I realize its not so popular in Europe. I really can't believe Anjela Merkyll is phasing out nuclear in germany just to replace it with 20 new turbo global-warming coal plants. Sounds like the coal executives bought her out Romney style.

In California here we have a pretty good mix of green energy in the power grid and many Fisker and Tesla owners have solar panels at home.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradin View Post
I wonder about the EV idea? Nobody talks about solar energy? I mean I can understand the Karma it is so beautifull and drives so nice... if you have the money just by it... But the Fisker idea was green? Electricity comes from nuclear or fossiel fuel... It only makes sence if you have your own green (preferable) energy source...

I mean at some point it will have to make sence... or in time the concept will die all together, when the hype is over...
This is oversimplifying a bit, but the emissions of a single power plant powering 100,000 electric cars is significantly less than the combined emissions of 100,000 cars burning gasoline because the large stationary plants can implement large scrubbers and more efficient burners to significantly reduce emissions, which cars cannot do.

Also, some of us on this forum have installed solar panels on our homes to at least offset the electric power used by the Karma and make it as close to CO2 neutral as possible.

If all else fails, you could just buy Carbon offset credits from companies like Terra Pass.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote