New or Used? if you were buying a Karma now. - Page 3 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2014, 01:14 AM   #21 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

@Karma_Chris: I have an EcoChic Laguna Karma with the Glacier Tri-Tone interior (Royal Blue on Light, Almost-White, Gray). In case you are unaware, the Eco Chic Karmas are equipped EXACTLY like Eco-Sport Karmas except for one difference: the EcoChic Karmas have Alcantara Eco-Suede interiors in place of leather. EcoChic was the priciest package when the Karma debuted. I *highly* recommend it over the leather interior. It is *SO* comfortable; it wears well; it is an animal-free, vegan interior; and the seams are sharper and better sewn with the Alcantara Eco-Suede than they are with the leather on the EcoSport. After driving my EcoChic Karma, I never, *ever* want a leather interior again.
Weird Fishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #22 (permalink)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)

Would you also recommend it for two kids, a dog and a wife?

While ordering, I felt, that the steering wheel will get dirty, over the time... Just by handling it...
How does yours look like?
Original Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #23 (permalink)

Stefan, my steering wheel is dark blue, so I think it would be difficult to make it look dirty. The only thing I've noticed is some wear of the fabric on the steering wheel--it is now smooth/shiny in some areas, but it doesn't look bad nor does it look threadbare or anything of the sort.

As for the other fabric...I found out the hard way that it cleans up easily. I once spilled a cappuccino in the car. Coffee infused foam went everywhere...all over the light gray Alcantara fabric on the passenger seat, the passenger door, and the headliner. I drove to the nearest supermarket, bought paper towels and a bottle of water, and cleaned it up easily. The fabric is not stained at all.

I would imagine the fabric has protection of some sort, like Scotchguard, to prevent damage. That might not protect against children or pets, but you could always let them ride in the trunk. ;-)

Old 08-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Talking

wow, my wife, the kids and the dog in the trunk...
I will mention this tonight.

It was cool, getting to know you all!
Cheers!
Original Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #25 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I have the Earth/Earth EchoChic. I agree with the other comments....so comfortable and easy to clean. Also had a coffee spill (don't drink and drive!). A little water and a napkin cleaned it up with no trace of a stain. I love the feel of the steering wheel and the general overall looks. Can not go wrong with the EchoChic
Allan EC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

agree find an ECHO-CHIC interior car
you'll really enjoy it.
EXOTIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:02 AM   #27 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma_Chris View Post
Yeah they have 3 Karma's all with that Canyon Tri-tone interior. Inferno, Shadow, and Silver. It definitely looked good in the inferno car.
@ Karma_Chris - my EcoSport is Inferno with the Canyon Tri-tone. I think it's a great color combo, and I've also seen the EcoChic and those are great as well. They are all beautiful cars so just try to find one that one of experts like Harley Guy, Fisker Philly or Lormax bless mechanically. While there's no guarantees, just about everyone loves the car.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATTGAS View Post
They are all beautiful cars so just try to find one that one of experts like Harley Guy, Fisker Philly or Lormax bless mechanically.
Best advice in the thread!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma_Chris View Post
Lots of good advice. Still not sure what I will do but I did go to Frank Kent yesterday and test drove a Silver Karma with Chocolate interior. I loved the car. My wife hated the interior color though, if it was black leather she would have said SOLD. David Rotman and the team there were very knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with. I am still not sure what I will do but am glad I test drove it as I now want one more than ever. They said they are in touch with New Fisker and plan to continue to be a dealer for New Fisker when cars start getting produced again, building on the 60 or so they sold already. They also mentioned that they have a Fisker that is their "parts" car when they have difficulty or delays in getting something they take it from that Fisker to get customers going and then replace it later as they get it. Really made me feel like owning it wouldn't be a hazard or concern. I will let everyone know when and what I decide to get a Karma and officially join the club.
I wouldn't trust their parts car. I bought their demo car. Not only was it a lemon, but they refused to include it in their courtesy warranty coverage. Proceed with caution when it comes to Frank Kent and Mr. Rotman.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)

I dealt with David last week with a problem battery car I had he paid for the parts without any problems . Check was sent to my dealership same day the car was repaired .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote