Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - Battery Range indication
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Fabulist
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Thank you very much guys. I am getting a
Clearer picture now my dealer told me to fully run down the battery than load it fully, unplug it and restart the charging again. That should bring the battery in balance again (after doing it several times). Can somebody confirme?
So to do so I will unplug the 12V battery and drive as long as I see the "no more energy" message. Than I connect the 12V again. Question is does the car respectively the engine after that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothoperator View Post
No just drive your car. The out of energy screen indicates a problem with the vehicle. If you drive your car and take it down to 0 and charge it via the HV connector (EVSE) back to 50 miles you will be fine. The battery will balance itself when left plugged in.
Also, just in case it is not clear from the responses above, do not disconnect the 12V battery. It has nothing to do with the problem and you will not be able to start the car without it. Just start and drive the car on Stealth mode to 0 miles EV range, and then charge it up again.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote