• Fisker Karma

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Maserati GT

Votes: 0 0.0%

Maerati GT & Karma, side-by-side

8K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  MyColorIsGreen 
#1 ·
Good Karma:

In the 100 degree temperature, a camary was broken down in an intersection. I pulled over to see if I could help. Randomly enough, an old friend whose number I had lost, pulled up in his yellow Maserati. I waved him over and we pushed the dead camary safely to the side of the road. I introduced my buddy to driving your personal car at the race tracks in norther california. My buddy was excited to share a bunch of upgrades he's made to his car. He and I swapped cars, raced around the winding roads, and exchanged numbers.

While his upgraded exhaust on his Maserati GT made me a little nostalgic for my Ferrari 12cyl with tubi exhaust, I prefer the peace of the Karma — and my boys, who were along for the ride, were unanimous in preferring the back seat of the Fisker…. (their reasons… "Seats are softer", "more space," and "Fisker has its own doors.") Car preferences are personal and I really like my buddy's car — but I LOVE my Fisker. Judge for yourself… do you agree the lines of the Karma are even more sexy than the gorgeous italian Maserati GT?

Here are the two side-by-side.

Not sure why images aren't displaying, here is the link to flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/79916112@N04/7540625886/ & http://www.flickr.com/photos/79916112@N04/7540631894/

Edit by Admin Wimbledon to fix embedded photos

See less See more
#5 ·
The Aston Martin, Maserati, and oh so similar Jaguar are just hints at the true evolved beauty of the Karma. I've been looking at them all for years and the Karma just exhibits the best of them and then completes the design. IMHO. :exclamation:

#10 ·
I have owned a Maserati Grand Tourismo prior to my Karma and I can tell you I NEVER got the stares and attention for the Maser that I do for the Karma. Not a day goes by that I don't get thumbs up for my silver eco-sport. Karma is the clear winner for both styling and coolness.

Buck

#11 ·
I love these pictures. I test drove a converible Maserati Gran turismo GT before I test drove the Karma. My choice was obviously the Karma, although my heart was torn at the time I am glad to look at them side by side and feel good that I went with the good karma!

I also have 3 kids and the 4 doors made much more sense! My other car is a Hummer H2 - so to lessen my carbon footprint the Karma was the wise choice. The Maserati is only about 10 mpg :(
My Karma is getting 103 MPG for the last 1000 miles. :)

Now there are 2 maserati's around my area but still NO Karmas! I love being different! Plus I still get invited to the Maserati Concourses :) My old BMW mechanic thought it was a maserati when I pulled in his shop to show the Karma - he is much more impressed with the Karma.

#16 ·
Weird Fishes said:
I've never cared for Maseratis. For me, the Fisker is the winner, hands down.
I agree, but a lot of people who are not familiar with Fisker ask if it is a Maserati as their first guess, probably because of the shared styling cues.

#17 ·
Fabulist said:
Weird Fishes said:
I've never cared for Maseratis. For me, the Fisker is the winner, hands down.
I agree, but a lot of people who are not familiar with Fisker ask if it is a Maserati as their first guess, probably because of the shared styling cues.
I can certainly understand that. In the past few months, I've met a few Maseratis on the road and thought, "Is that a Fisker?" But I only see that resemblance from the front. In comparison to the Fisker, I think the Maserati looks a little bloated.

#19 ·
No doubt the Fisker. I had owned the Maserati Quattroporte an incredibly attractive car. All the other high end car owners loved the Maserati. I had tons of people pay attention to it.

Nothing compares to the Karma. The sales person told me that he almost caused accidents driving it. It's really true. There are crowds around the car when I park. In fact it's almost annoying. Driving down the street people slow down and almost run over pedestrians or into other cars. Driving into the parking lot other cars almost run into other cars as they pull into spots stunned by the Fisker. People ask to take pictures. I've never owned or seen any product in my life garnish as much attention as the Fisker.

I am not a status conscious person and even bought the EcoChic because I'm a serious Buddhist, but the attention comes anyway. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.