Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   The Fisker Lounge (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/14-fisker-lounge/)
-   -   Long Island owners hand car wash available (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/14-fisker-lounge/6082-long-island-owners-hand-car-wash-available.html)

Mikey43 09-05-2013 02:37 PM

Long Island owners hand car wash available

I live on the East End of Long Island. I have had to hand wash my own car, because there is nobody available or willing to do it at reasonable prices.
All of the ads and google searches bring me to car detailers at $300-$500--plenty of those.
Last week a business card was put under my wipers for hand car wash. Called the number and made an appointment. Owner showed up on time with truck (self contained water tank, pressure washer--etc.)
Bottom line---he washed my car for $60.00 and it looked better than a detailing. Applied Rain-X, leather cleaner, tire cleaner etc. The car looked showroom new.
If anybody is interested here is the contact:

Nick 631-306-4350
www.detailfinish.net

Give him a try, I was truly impressed

SoCalGuy 09-05-2013 02:50 PM

That's very good - my wash/external detail guy charges $120 in LA.

Bert Yetman 09-05-2013 05:31 PM

Mine gets hand washed for $35 at the local car wash.

Sigurd 09-05-2013 05:57 PM

I pay $30 + tip for hand wash in Cedar Hill, TX.

Sandy Eggo 09-05-2013 06:36 PM

I've yet to wash mine...going on 6 months now. Ahh, the joys of living in San Diego. Just a "California Duster" and some Meguir's Quik Detailer spray is all she needs.

Mikey43 09-05-2013 08:35 PM

It never ceases to amaze me about the things I learn on this site. Now we now the comparative differences in the cost of living in Texas, LA, and NY.
Maybe Rick Perry is on to something.

Sigurd 09-05-2013 08:38 PM

Bert and I are both in the Dallas area if I'm not mistaken. Texas is a good place. And, we still have a dealership that honors the Fisker warranty. Life is good, still.

msajidkhan 02-28-2014 11:59 PM

Guys, any advice on a car wash so the water does not get into CIU . I saw couple post about the rain that was causing leakage into CIU so I am little concern on the car wash thing... Any tip will be deeply appreciated. I am in Arizona and we don't get much rain. However we get unlimited sun....

Harleyguy 03-01-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msajidkhan (Post 142369)
Guys, any advice on a car wash so the water does not get into CIU . I saw couple post about the rain that was causing leakage into CIU so I am little concern on the car wash thing... Any tip will be deeply appreciated. I am in Arizona and we don't get much rain. However we get unlimited sun....

Avoid heavy spraying of water into the cowling area where the cabin filter is .Oh use water less wash and yes that's what it's called I do professional detailing when I'm bored . If you like a link to it let me know . Two buckets of water one for the fresh water the other for the chemical . Take a look at www.autogeek.net you will learn a lot .

Eric Karma 03-01-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Yetman (Post 98914)
Mine gets hand washed for $35 at the local car wash.

I get a flawless professional car wash for $20 in Aventura, FL. it was just raised from $17. It's iin the Gulfsream horse racing Park plaza. They even use power air to blow out any any hidden water in cracks. Sounds like all of you are overpaying. I pay them $79 for their wax.