Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   The Fisker Lounge (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/14-fisker-lounge/)
-   -   Karma Automotive finally announces new car (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/14-fisker-lounge/40695-karma-automotive-finally-announces-new-car.html)

non sequitur 04-16-2019 02:48 PM

Karma Automotive finally announces new car

Website updated with actual news: https://www.karmaautomotive.com/

But the 2020 GT still looks like the 2019... which looks like the 2012.

The “Pinanfarina” looks like some creativity at work, but is silent as to model and production year.

Also a concept car there, but concepts don’t excite me much.

Any thoughts?

Nin ja 04-17-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 325513)

The “Pinanfarina” looks like some creativity at work, but is silent as to model and production year.

Any thoughts?

I was so happy to see the pinanfarina design -- the 2+2 design is VERY NICE and i had wished Henrick would of built the sunset or at least did the karma in 2+2 as well. oh well, have to wait to see if I can get on the list for the new 2+2 from KARMA if and when they build it -- i hear it will be all electric ;-)

carnutdr 04-17-2019 09:10 PM

I thought the Pinanfarina looks lots like the Sunset hardtop coupe that Fisker had made one of with retractable hardtop. I thought in picture saw what could be the seams of the hard top.
Mort

ewein 04-18-2019 08:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nin ja (Post 325553)
Quote:

Originally Posted by non sequitur (Post 325513)

Any thoughts?

I was so happy to see the pinanfarina design -- the 2+2 design is VERY NICE and i had wished Henrick would of built the sunset or at least did the karma in 2+2 as well. oh well, have to wait to see if I can get on the list for the new 2+2 from KARMA if and when they build it -- i hear it will be all electric ;-)

show car is not all electric. and 2+2 is considering. maybe in the future

Nin ja 04-18-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewein (Post 325557)

hmm, i read it was all electric and 2+2 typically is a 2 door with seats in the rear. the picture shows a 2 door with seats in the back....

PowerSource 04-18-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nin ja (Post 325575)
hmm, i read it was all electric and 2+2 typically is a 2 door with seats in the rear. the picture shows a 2 door with seats in the back....

The pininfarina car is purely a cosmetic re-skin of the Revero 2.0. Everything else is the same as Revero 2.0.

Quote:

Price? Nothing concrete yet, but expect a small increase on the previous Revero’s $130,000 tag. You’d have to go substantially more, one suspects, for the other hard-top sitting on the Karma show stand – the Pininfarina GT.
“It’s a one-off at the moment to gauge reaction,” Kruse tells us. A reaction that could spur Karma into building a limited run.
So underneath, it’s exactly the same as that 2020 Revero, only with Pininfarina’s style laid down over the bones. Same battery/petrol setup. Same power. Different lines.

ewein 04-19-2019 12:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewein (Post 325557)

well. the show car is jusr based on revero, with new body design as powersource mentioned, but it will use a new power train with production car, and newest update here, it is open for order, they will produce 60 cars only, so I guess they will not really develop a new all electric power train for these 60s. guess will be the same bmw one. but just for the appearance, I ordered one😊, only 10k RMB for deposite now haha

ewein 04-19-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerSource (Post 325583)
Quote:

The pininfarina car is purely a cosmetic re-skin of the Revero 2.0. Everything else is the same as Revero 2.0.

Quote:

Price? Nothing concrete yet, but expect a small increase on the previous Revero’s $130,000 tag. You’d have to go substantially more, one suspects, for the other hard-top sitting on the Karma show stand – the Pininfarina GT.
“It’s a one-off at the moment to gauge reaction,” Kruse tells us. A reaction that could spur Karma into building a limited run.
So underneath, it’s exactly the same as that 2020 Revero, only with Pininfarina’s style laid down over the bones. Same battery/petrol setup. Same power. Different lines.

haha. good spot. but not 2.0 even, it is basically a reskin of the revero😁

Nin ja 04-20-2019 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewein (Post 325587)

Wonder if they would take a trade in of a fisker karma at a good price - I would strongly consider the pinafarina design at 130K -- I'm a fan of a 2+2 , never was a BIG fan of a 4 doors where the back seat is so tight and no room to put you feet -- false impression better to use the back seat to reduce insurance cost and drop a vacation bag for a longer trip - LOL

ewein 04-20-2019 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nin ja (Post 325611)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ewein (Post 325587)

Wonder if they would take a trade in of a fisker karma at a good price - I would strongly consider the pinafarina design at 130K -- I'm a fan of a 2+2 , never was a BIG fan of a 4 doors where the back seat is so tight and no room to put you feet -- false impression better to use the back seat to reduce insurance cost and drop a vacation bag for a longer trip - LOL

haha. did ya see my reply at other topic? they are planning to put it into limited production. only 60 may made. so I guess price will not be at 130k range. I put a deposie for this pininfarina GT already. will let ya know as soon as I get a final price