Karma Automotive finally announces new car - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2019, 10:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)

i happened to run into the group from Karmas taking 5 new GT's across country to make sure they could make it.
i spoke to the engineers for about 30 minutes, and went through every aspect of the car, and came away very impressed.

the new bmw i8 drive train is very competent, the cooling is better, the sound is better.
the bodywork has been altered in many places - front fascia, side exhaust area, rear around lights, etc etc.
no more solar panel, redesigned interior with better functionality - every issue that i brought up about the fisker had been addressed.
the 0-60 speed is now down to 4 seconds.

i told them about my powersource module on my fisker, and they were quite complimentary of powersource.

anyway, IF you have the money, and dont have the patience to put a fisker back on the road fully sorted, and/or you crave a faster car, this new iteration is a sweet ride.
rosssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosssr View Post
i happened to run into the group from Karmas taking 5 new GT's across country to make sure they could make it.
i spoke to the engineers for about 30 minutes, and went through every aspect of the car, and came away very impressed.

the new bmw i8 drive train is very competent, the cooling is better, the sound is better.
the bodywork has been altered in many places - front fascia, side exhaust area, rear around lights, etc etc.
no more solar panel, redesigned interior with better functionality - every issue that i brought up about the fisker had been addressed.
the 0-60 speed is now down to 4 seconds.

i told them about my powersource module on my fisker, and they were quite complimentary of powersource.

anyway, IF you have the money, and dont have the patience to put a fisker back on the road fully sorted, and/or you crave a faster car, this new iteration is a sweet ride.
Wonder what they plan on doing with all the Reveros they haven't sold .They should give a special trade in for Karma owners
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
Wonder what they plan on doing with all the Reveros they haven't sold .They should give a special trade in for Karma owners
thats a good question. how many are there?

Old 06-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)

Quote:
thats a good question. how many are there?
From what i understand they made around 220 and sold less than half and not even sure you can use the word sold. A few was given to people to drive
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
From what i understand they made around 220 and sold less than half and not even sure you can use the word sold. A few was given to people to drive
hmmm lots of orphans then.
they will be stuck with them for a while since given the choice of the new GT, nobody will spend a similar amount on the regular revero. and if they lower the price too much on that, then it will start to bump into sorted karma prices.

just my opinion tho.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:43 PM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage

Employees and family members are given very special deals on the Karma Revero.
Signature Car #13, Silver Mirage, Tri-Tone Mohave
buzinvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
I guess those GT cars are on their way to Miami. From an email I got today:

"The road is calling, and the all-new 2020 Karma Revero GT is ready to answer. Stretching from Miami to Austin, goldRush Rally ELEVEN is the premier event for automotive enthusiasts. It regularly features some of the finest luxury cars in the world, and with TWO custom wrapped pre-production Revero GTs in attendance, the field just got a lot more interesting.

This year marks Karma’s first-ever appearance in the goldRush Rally, so it seemed only logical to join with something special. Each Revero GT will be sporting unique livery to honor Southern California’s rich aviation history and the iconic P-51 Mustang. Covering 3,000 miles, and lasting nine days, the rally will also be travelling through Amelia Island, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Chicago, Minneapolis, Kansas City and Oklahoma City before ending in Austin.

“The 2020 Karma Revero GT is new from the ground up; it’s faster, smarter, and even more stunning in design than its predecessor,” says Joost de Vries, Karma’s Vice President of Global Sales and Customer Experience. “We’ll use goldRush Rally ELEVEN to show the world how well our new car performs, how great it looks and build excitement and anticipation for its arrival at our dealerships.”

goldRush Rally ELEVEN kicks off on Saturday, June 22, in Miami. You can find the complete schedule at goldrushrally.com, and follow our social media channels for all the latest updates from the road."
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage

Rossr: you said you saw FIVE cars, and the press release says 2, so that right there might be a vote of non-confidence (they drove 3 'back-up' cars to the event) - LOL!
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

Garage

Response to non sequitur post above:
i just watched a long video/movie of Gold Rush Rally #6 . VERY impressive line up of cars and memories for a lifetime.
Full 9 day rally this year/June 22 costs $19,000 dollars for a team of two sharing a room.
Or you can do a 3 day leg of the rip for $11,000 for a team of two sharing a room.
Really does look like an experience of a lifetime.
Any takers....
Old 06-10-2019, 04:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Garage

Maybe we should form a group/planning committee and plan an a much more affordable Fisker Karma Rally(s), picking up and drooping off Fisker Karma drivers along the way...
Maybe start with an east coast rally (with a stop in Philly?) or a west coast rally????
Who knows, maybe even build up to a cross country rally...

P.S. If you watch a Gold Rush Rally video/movie or two, you may get all riled up to participate in an awesome rally!