Hybrid Support Solutions is open for Business - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Default Hybrid Support Solutions is open for Business

I received this email yesterday from an independent company that is offering support for the Karma. In case you have not received this email directly, I am posting it here as a public service. I am delighted that we have this option available now and I wish them great success

Quote:
Dear Karma owner,
You may feel abandoned by Fisker Automotive but we are here to help you with the continued operation of your Karma. Warranty and Technical Support no longer exist as previously supplied by Fisker Automotive. Any anxiety of the future health and enjoyment of the Karma will be alleviated as a member of the Hybrid Support Solutions (HSS) Team.

Hybrid Support Solutions is offering technical support, vehicle improvements, and parts sourcing. We are the complete service solution for your Karma. Our organization was founded by the passion that all of us have for the Fisker Karma.

We are the original support and technical service team from the manufacturer. We have put many long hours and effort supporting this exceptional vehicle, and we endeavour to continue with this piece of automotive and design history.
Along with other Karma owners’ support and enrolment, the strength of the organization will be able to ramp up new parts supply and engineer new field fixes. HSS will also work on new features and future improvements to allow for the untapped power and handling prowess to be enjoyed.

We welcome your inquiries and look forward to conversations concerning how we can support you going forward. Please visit us at to see all that we have to offer and contact us www.hybridsupportsolutions.com with any questions.

Best Regards,
The Hybrid Support Solutions Team
www.hybridsupportsolutions.com
[email protected]

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641

Last edited by Fabulist; 05-17-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage

I rec'd it as well, and my first thought was, "How did they get my info?" It's not that it bothered me, but I was curious. The site looks legit, and I especially liked the "Original and ONLY Karma support team" line. I did not register yet, but probably will. To be honest I was going to wait and see what everyone else here on the forum thought first.
Deposit #632 made March 22, 2008...ordered EcoSport - Eclipse - Monsoon Tri-Tone on March 22, 2011...Began driving February 17, 2012 (although I would have waited until March 22 if necessary)
Richard Carnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I wonder if any of the 10 key people they say form the company are members of this group? Maybe some of the people of our forum who had ties with Fisker could verify the identity and authenticity of their claim. 4k seems like alot of $ for support services that some of our forum members have been more than willing to share for free.
Arch fisker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

My understanding is that the people at Hybrid Support Solutions are former employees of Fisker HQ which is how they got our names and addresses. They'd probably be a great resource for someone stuck in an area of the country with no access to mechanics who are Fisker trained. But I'd rather hire Lormax (or Harleyguy if I were in Florida). Lormax is extremely knowledgeable, comes to me and charges an extremely reasonable fee.
Weird Fishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch fisker View Post
I wonder if any of the 10 key people they say form the company are members of this group? Maybe some of the people of our forum who had ties with Fisker could verify the identity and authenticity of their claim. 4k seems like alot of $ for support services that some of our forum members have been more than willing to share for free.
Former employee checking in...

I can vouch for them. They are the guys that diagnose the cars dealership technicians had trouble with. And trust me, with this car, not an easy task.

There were very few people within the company who know how everything works on the Karma, including the engineers that designed the car. These guys have that knowledge (and fwiw, I'm talking more than how to program the easy exit/entry feature).
8AVGMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8AVGMPG View Post
Former employee checking in...

I can vouch for them. They are the guys that diagnose the cars dealership technicians had trouble with. And trust me, with this car, not an easy task.

There were very few people within the company who know how everything works on the Karma, including the engineers that designed the car. These guys have that knowledge (and fwiw, I'm talking more than how to program the easy exit/entry feature).
Funny that you mention exit/entry feature. Mine never worked from day one. Would reset it, it would work once or twice, then go off. Finally gave up on it. Was this a common program error.
Mikey43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)

I can also vouch for them everyone that is involved with HSS I've worked with them on a dealer level and also had the pleasure meeting them when I went out to Fiskers HQ . I still speak too them when time permits .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey43 View Post
Funny that you mention exit/entry feature. Mine never worked from day one. Would reset it, it would work once or twice, then go off. Finally gave up on it. Was this a common program error.
What you need to do is reset the system program and name the key what ever name you like then setup the presets
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage

Personally I'm going to wait and see what shakes out with FA - $4K is a lot to drop prematurely. That said, if they had a car tricked out with some Performance Plus (nod to TSLA) package that could do 0-60mph in 4.5s, then I would consider paying for that specific upgrade...
Old 05-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Fisker of Scottsdale (Penske) has terminated service of Karmas as of today. Took mine in for 10k service (which they are doing including scans) but after today, no more even at owner expense. But they have shelf loads of parts - not sure which ones but if someone needs something, you can try calling them to see if they would sell them. They told me that FA has been trying to sell their inventory of parts to dealers
2012 Ecosport Shadow,Black Sand Monotone, #461
Sportsmeddoc is offline   Reply With Quote