Farewell Fisker... - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Farewell Fisker...

After giving the Fisker all of my patience, I simply ran out of it. My Fisker is/was a beautiful example, well cared for with low miles. I dutiful did all the updates by driving twice to a Service center that was 4 hours away. The pesky check engine light never really did go away and my Fisker was found to have the dreaded 2 cells bad battery modules. Now these are $2000 each and there is more.....
The unreliability of the CIS was something you simply ignored when it didn't work. Never mind the utterly useless nav functions (*I used my phone for all of NAV.) there were too many items that lead me to believe that this car was released too early to the public and the issues will never be truly resolved. I simply like things that work. The Fisker fell flat on too many occasions.

I will say that the ride, style and interior was breathtaking and those are the high marks. Unfortunately, to use this car daily is just not practicle given the low confidence you have in it's ability to function in just the basics. In the end, it was hard to say goodbye to an idea that I embraced but couldn't use. I have in it's place purchased a 2015 BMW i8 used with only 41 miles on the clock. It is as new and it will take a while for the learning curve. Suffice to say the cost difference is great but the functionality is astounding. At an average of 76-140 MPGe it's something I can live with. I do hope that Karma actually goes through with the Revereo,(sp) and the Karma marque will live on in a more reliable fashion.

To all who have a Fisker, I say do enjoy this wonderful car.

best,

Skyguyz

Skyguyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)

Nice new wheels - did you get a good deal on the trade-in?

Fisker Karma EcoChic #1030 : Mercedes CLK63 AMG: Audi Q7 Prestige : Honda CBR1000RR

Forever!
shrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Enjoy -- for practicality, nothing beats BMW. Maybe the alliance with BWM will bear fruit for KARMA, but us legacy Fisker owners, we'll have to bite our tongues -- Henrik and Bernie lost a lot of credibility and integrity with fan like me -- they should of quit before they gave into the investors to released this car before it was ready!

But then again, I bought mine for it's looks and style, and never intended to use it as a daily car -- so far knock on wood, I still marvel at it's looks. If KARMA Automotive stays true to their promises a second generation ATLANTIC may be in my future as a daily driver ;-)

Old 06-17-2016, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

@Skyguyz Someone once said that our cars are like snowflakes, each unique, as is the owners' experiences. I used mine as a daily driver and commuter (60-90 miles a day) for the first two years I owned it and it worked just fine. I have put far fewer miles in the most recent two years, but in both cases, my experience has been better than yours, it seems. Nothing wrong with the I8 and props for not going back to an ICE-powered car. I wish you happy travels and feel free to stop by anytime to visit.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Congrats on the new but I got to say the I8 has to be the hardest car to get into and out of any car I've ever driven we have two on our lot .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I use mine as a daily driver and have been relatively lucky with it so far (fingers crossed). I love driving it everyday.
JAM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM_22 View Post
I use mine as a daily driver and have been relatively lucky with it so far (fingers crossed). I love driving it everyday.
It's a joy to drive. What did you get on trade, the group would like to know please?
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomak View Post
It's a joy to drive. What did you get on trade, the group would like to know please?
$47,500.

Fair deal.
Skyguyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguyz View Post
After giving the Fisker all of my patience... I have in it's place purchased a 2015 BMW i8...
I have been eyeing the i8, although I love my Karma as a daily commuter. I read the i8 range will increase to over 100 miles on battery for 2017. Is the i8 as comfortable?
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ira

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
I have been eyeing the i8, although I love my Karma as a daily commuter. I read the i8 range will increase to over 100 miles on battery for 2017. Is the i8 as comfortable?
Once inside it's comfortable, but that's the catch. Here's what Edmunds had to say:

"Getting into the i8 requires a bit of choreography once the scissor door is swung up and away. You'll have to step over a high sill, so the best way to get in is to sit on the sill, swing a leg over, allow your backside to slip into the seat and then follow with the other leg. It's not hard once you master the move, but you'll want to duck under the bottom edge of the door at the same time."

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id463366312.
Karma - Shadow/Canyon #1292
Ira is offline   Reply With Quote