New member/Future owner (?) - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2016, 06:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

"Day to day, it's pretty easy. Let the car go to sleep (the pink light in the PRND pyramid goes out) before you plug it in. Takes 45 seconds from shutoff."

Since getting 520, I've never waited at all to plug the car in, and never had a problem.
Bert Yetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

I have plugged mine in too soon (since 520), and had it not charge. Maybe something else happened, I don't know. I haven't not let it sleep before charging since.
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Wow, thanks for all the input! Shoutout to fab for taking all that time to answer my essay question lol. Definitely helpful and gives me a start point going forward on what info I need next. Hopefully by then, Elite Motors will have been re-instated as a CSP or I find a thread about a really good one in my area.. Won't be purchasing the car for another few months so it's not of dire importance yet. I'll continue to do my due diligence so that I'm completely ready come august, and If I have any more questions I'll post them here! Thank Buzznation!
jasonton87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2016, 05:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

@jasonton87: Alex can still work on your car. He has worked on my Karma, and I can recommend him without any hesitation. He's very professional and fair. You'll just have to pay out of pocket.

I haven't dealt with the (new-ish) CSP, but I have read complaints here that they are not responsive. By contrast, Alex almost always picks up the phone when I call and, on the odd occasion he is unable to do so, he'll often call me back within the hour.

FiskerPhilly is a great resource for you to hit up for purchase. I can't imagine that transporting a car from Philadelphia to SoCal would be prohibitively expensive. If FiskerPhilly tells you that a car he has available for sale is solid, then you can trust his opinion.

As for driving patterns...I typically drive no more than 20 miles per day. That allows me to drive electric almost all the time. It's a very rare day that I exhaust the battery and have to resort to using the ICE. It sounds like the perfect car for you.
Weird Fishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Fishes View Post
@jasonton87: Alex can still work on your car. He has worked on my Karma, and I can recommend him without any hesitation. He's very professional and fair. You'll just have to pay out of pocket.

I haven't dealt with the (new-ish) CSP, but I have read complaints here that they are not responsive. By contrast, Alex almost always picks up the phone when I call and, on the odd occasion he is unable to do so, he'll often call me back within the hour.

FiskerPhilly is a great resource for you to hit up for purchase. I can't imagine that transporting a car from Philadelphia to SoCal would be prohibitively expensive. If FiskerPhilly tells you that a car he has available for sale is solid, then you can trust his opinion.

As for driving patterns...I typically drive no more than 20 miles per day. That allows me to drive electric almost all the time. It's a very rare day that I exhaust the battery and have to resort to using the ICE. It sounds like the perfect car for you.
Ohh, okay well that's a sigh of relief.. at least he's still around. I've shipped a car from NY before and it ended up being around 1400.. not too bad but not great either lol. Yeah, my plan was to either hit Fiskerphilly up or to see if Alex could inspect the vehicle with me if I found one in our area. In any case, there's still plenty of time and all I can do now is admire from afar.. not really a day goes by where I don't look at it LOL.

Yup, that's pretty much what my driving pattern will be like! And with me being gone for so long, there will be plenty of days where it's not driven at all so thank you for the vote of confidence. To this day I still think it's one of the BEST looking cars out there, inside and out.. I follow an instagram fisker fan page where owners post pics and it looks stunning in any environment..
jasonton87 is offline   Reply With Quote