We are worried orphans - myself included - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
DHH

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Default We are worried orphans - myself included

So as I read this forum - daily. We see lots of trepidation whether Elite Motors is not a CSP anymore or the pitfalls of the warranty program or where do we get our cars serviced. If I didn't know Joe I would sell the car tomorrow as my local CSP says it takes about three months to fix anything as they never work on them.

But really we all have a common theme - we all love these cars and we are all fearful that one day we will be without manufacturer support.

I have personally met with a few Karma executives and we have all watched the Autoline interview but at the end of the day none of us would bet on this car making a comeback.

I think it is just frustrating that the worlds most beautiful car will just fade away until we can no longer justify driving it as time marches on.

So I truly hope they build this car again but if it was going to be built this year pre-production models would be coming off the assembly line for months of testing and software validation - which has not happened.

Fingers crossed and I appreciate everyone's frustration here.
DHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

It stands to reason that KA would not offer a warranty, and then not provide all the parts to keep the cars working. They'd just be asking for a lawsuit. The existence of the Warranty program has to be a positive sign about parts availability.
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)

I'd stay calm!

Even Chinese people need a reason to throw several hundreds of million $ around!
This is not just fake or buying of IP.
Otherwise they would have abandoned us immediately after the end of the CSP.
I think, they need some more time to get things sorted, we'll see a slight change in management (someone will take the responsibility and the severance package for the delay) and then we'll see new cars rolling off the production line and trucks full of spare parts...

Stefan
Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
German Community http://www.karma-forum.de/
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2016, 05:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I'd characterize myself more as concerned rather than worried. I'm buying into the warranty program. I've had my car for four years now and every problem I've had was covered by the original warranty or the negotiated program. The new Karma Automotive appears to be genuinely concerned about the current owners. Nothing has come up for me to think otherwise.
Four years ago, while I waited for delivery of my car; I felt like the original Fisker was being disingenuous regarding production numbers, the backlog of orders and the progression of assembling cars.
The new company seems to be taking a more pragmatic approach. They aren't projecting unreal production numbers and haven't yet promised something and not delivered. I'm satisfied that for $4,500, I'll be good for another 2 years. After that, who knows?
We have 3 choices:
Bail out and sell the car for $40-50K.

Take a chance nothing will go haywire and don't buy the warranty.

Pay the $4500 and buy some peace of mind.

It's just like insurance. It seems like a bad deal until you need it.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have only had my car a year, but other than that ... I feel exactly the same as BillyO. I'd like the chance to drive my car carefree for 2 years.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyO View Post
I'm buying into the warranty program... I'm satisfied that for $4,500, I'll be good for another 2 years...
BillyO, do you have the "003" traction motors to qualify? I'm told only a few hundred cars have the "003" version.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

It's been 2 weeks and I'm still waiting to hear.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Good read and something I was concerned about myself as I was looking forward to purchasing one here in the coming months! Hopefully some info will have surfaced by then.
jasonton87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Has anyone successfully purchased a warranty, yet? I'm waiting on parts for my RDM "checkup". All the rest of my car passed inspection, but I have to get the RDM looked at. Just wondered if anybody's made it all the way, yet? Seeing as the program's been going for 40 days.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorrill View Post
Has anyone successfully purchased a warranty, yet? I'm waiting on parts for my RDM "checkup". All the rest of my car passed inspection, but I have to get the RDM looked at. Just wondered if anybody's made it all the way, yet? Seeing as the program's been going for 40 days.
Who's rebuilding your RDM ?
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote