The Fisker Karma is making a comeback ó with a Corvette engine- but not by Karma Auto - Page 4 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #31 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Interesting Article

http://www.caradvice.com.au/409249/q...-new-supercar/

Karma Automotive is selling vehicles to convert over to Destino's.

Tell me, the new Karma company, the Chinese-owned, Cali-based one that starts production of the reborn Karma with BMW bits this year, I gather they own the design rights to the shape that has become the Destino, right?
Well that’s murky because of the bankruptcy and all that, but to tell you really what’s happening, we are buying these cars from Karma, and we already bought a whole bunch of cars.
The way it works is Karma Automotive, they have cars that were still left.. not a lot, I think it was about 100, which is why we can make about a hundred.
Now we can buy those cars, and we are getting our own VIN, fully certified everything. So this car when you look at the VIN will say ‘VLF Destino’.

Can you talk about that at all or is it…
It’s too early, you know, we kind of want to stay undercover… I want to say a lot but it’s hard to define that but there are at least 4-5 electric startups, and everybody is making noise and this and that, and we don’t need to go out for funding and all that right now, so we’ll work a little undercover. I’ve done this before, so, I kind of want to get a little ahead.
Before we show something to journalists we want to have something a little more tangible.
Fanofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #32 (permalink)

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofearth View Post
Interesting Article

http://www.caradvice.com.au/409249/q...-new-supercar/

Karma Automotive is selling vehicles to convert over to Destino's.

Tell me, the new Karma company, the Chinese-owned, Cali-based one that starts production of the reborn Karma with BMW bits this year, I gather they own the design rights to the shape that has become the Destino, right?
Well thatís murky because of the bankruptcy and all that, but to tell you really whatís happening, we are buying these cars from Karma, and we already bought a whole bunch of cars.
Interesting. But as suspected, this strategy would mean they can only make a few (100) Destinos, and beyond that would presumably focus on the Force 1 and then other models to be introduced.

Dave_Car_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofearth View Post

Can you talk about that at all or is itÖ
Itís too early, you know, we kind of want to stay undercoverÖ I want to say a lot but itís hard to define that but there are at least 4-5 electric startups, and everybody is making noise and this and that, and we donít need to go out for funding and all that right now, so weíll work a little undercover. Iíve done this before, so, I kind of want to get a little ahead.
Before we show something to journalists we want to have something a little more tangible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
Interesting. But as suspected, this strategy would mean they can only make a few (100) Destinos, and beyond that would presumably focus on the Force 1 and then other models to be introduced.
To the extent anyone is actually interested in owning one of these, the exclusivity created by the 100 chassis limit may actually be a positive. I can't imagine that the potential market for this car is much larger than 100 anyway.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

I doubt these 100 cars were stored indoors for the past 4 years. They were likely stored outside at some holding yard as the BK wound its way through the court system. Far from new.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote