[Merged] The new Fisker Web Site is Up! - Page 3 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

I agree with everything you said @LonePalmBJ. Tesla does the same thing - they have their company owned forums, and there's a separate Tesla forum not owned by Tesla. They've had tremendous success and participation in their company owned forums.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:56 PM   #22 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

I think I'll participate in both forums. Part of what has made Fiskerbuzz so valuable is the extreme helpfulness of the very knowledgeable car folks in our community who own and service Karmas.

Several of them have shared that their primary participation will be in the new owner's only forum at theNewFisker.com. So I plan to give it a fair chance.

In addition, it might be very wise on the part of theNewFisker to keep their comments to an owner's only forum. In the past, many of us have lamented the fact that much of our commentary and discussion has been taken out of context. Maybe if they want to re-launch the company, they want to do without that type of problem.
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:46 AM   #23 (permalink)

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVer1 View Post
I think I'll participate in both forums. Part of what has made Fiskerbuzz so valuable is the extreme helpfulness of the very knowledgeable car folks in our community who own and service Karmas.

Several of them have shared that their primary participation will be in the new owner's only forum at theNewFisker.com. So I plan to give it a fair chance.

In addition, it might be very wise on the part of theNewFisker to keep their comments to an owner's only forum. In the past, many of us have lamented the fact that much of our commentary and discussion has been taken out of context. Maybe if they want to re-launch the company, they want to do without that type of problem.
Ditto!!!
fiskerjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Garage

I'm doing both as well, but so far it is a lot harder to use the other forum , the look and feel is pretty bad for its purpose. I hope it improves ...
Old 05-04-2015, 12:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Karma View Post
Wasn't February 2014 to May 2015 not enough time to do so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
It certainly should have been if there were engineers working on it. Do you think the day after W purchased Fisker, they had a full team of employees ready to move in and take over development? Don't you think they had to hire and re-start a corporation that had pretty much been shuttered.
In fairness, a big chunk of that time was wasted in legal maneuverings in BK court that had nothing to do with the engineering work. As recently as last week, I got a notice from the liquidation company that some legal deadline for a motion had been extended. They also had to go back and get back the original engineers who were good and also still available and also look for a bunch of new people.

Having a new website may seem like a small step forward, but it is a step forward.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
I'm doing both as well, but so far it is a lot harder to use the other forum , the look and feel is pretty bad for its purpose. I hope it improves ...
I think the real value of the new forum is the availability of the owners-only forum that requires VIN verification for access. While we are always happy to help enthusiasts learn more about the Karma, giving a somewhat private area for owners has a lot of value IMHo.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Old 05-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
As recently as last week, I got a notice from the liquidation company that some legal deadline for a motion had been extended.
Lawyers won't want to let go while there're more fees to be milked. Their profession is one of the biggest rackets out there.
shrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrowell View Post
Lawyers won't want to let go while there're more fees to be milked. Their profession is one of the biggest rackets out there.
I completely agree. Hard to be able to afford a car like the Karma without some sort of racket.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
I think the real value of the new forum is the availability of the owners-only forum that requires VIN verification for access. While we are always happy to help enthusiasts learn more about the Karma, giving a somewhat private area for owners has a lot of value IMHo.
I'll give you that FAB, so let the conversation on the new site be specific to owner issues because until that site improves, i can't see why people would want to post all other items (as done on this site) then specific karma issues , fixes and update. I think minimize the amount of traffic on that site that would otherwise be better served on a better site for users.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:46 PM   #30 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage

I'm just happy to see SOME kind of activity after relatively months of no news. I realize there are yet many questions to be addressed but I see the last few days events been some movement forward.
Does anyone know if we bought parts through Travis and had the Dealer install (exhaust system) them would be part of covered repairs?
Proud owner of 2012 Fisker ecosport #296, Shadow and Canyon Tri-color. Date in Service 12/31/11,
Delivered by Patrick Fisker, Schaumburg, IL-
Grebechini is offline   Reply With Quote