Warranty Claims form and BALLOT - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Deep Ocean in ATL

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)

Thanks, non sequtir. I sent an email via the web link. Will advise here when I receive a reply
AlJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVer1 View Post
But I do wonder, which option did you choose for yourself?
We went with option 1, based on (i) where we live (close to active service center); (ii) amount of claim (if you said "unliquidated", there would be little point of choosing option 1, but if you said $40, 50, 60k it's meaningful); (iii) what we paid for the car (not $110k+); and (iv) the condition of our car (fine so far). Also (v) a philosophy on insurance: A bird in the hand (cash now) is worth 2 in the bush (may be no money, or company, when/f I have a defect to fix under the new warranty). If any of these variables were different, could have been a different decision. The biggest unknown is: will something more than the $2000 cap be negotiated later - unanswerable.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

I just called (818-906-8300) the BK Attorneys. They were very helpful, they also said that you can fax in your ballots to 818-783-2737. I'm still traveling, but I was informed they overnighted new documents. You should receive them today from UPS.

If you are out of town like me, you can call and they will email you your forms with your Personal info and Ballot ID on the header.

...And the Address below is the correct one for mailing your ballots (they need to receive it before the July 16th):
FA Liquidating Corp.
c/o Rust Consulting/Omni Bankruptcy
5955 DeSoto Ave., Suite 100
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
steven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
We went with option 1, based on (i) where we live (close to active service center); (ii) amount of claim (if you said "unliquidated", there would be little point of choosing option 1, but if you said $40, 50, 60k it's meaningful); (iii) what we paid for the car (not $110k+); and (iv) the condition of our car (fine so far). Also (v) a philosophy on insurance: A bird in the hand (cash now) is worth 2 in the bush (may be no money, or company, when/f I have a defect to fix under the new warranty). If any of these variables were different, could have been a different decision. The biggest unknown is: will something more than the $2000 cap be negotiated later - unanswerable.
Re-reading this post, I thought I'd better update it: the $2000 cap was in fact raised, as noted in another thread, and it makes the decision even harder for claimants who sought a defined amount (not "unliquidated"). I think there are 3 threads on this subject (including this one), and I can't monitor and update them all, but just note that my prior post here is now out of date.

Last edited by non sequitur; 07-11-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

So if you said "unliquidated" on the original bankruptcy forms and want to accept the proposed limited warranty/customer loyalty program do you "Accept" the plan on the Class 6-Warranty Claims form? My vote amount is listed as $1.00.

Also, on the Warranty Claims Election form to accept the proposed warranty do you just check the first box certifying you are the beneficial owner of a Class 6 Warranty claim and leave the second one unchecked?

Non Sequitur your help is really appreciated!
Owner Karma #49 SE,
2013 Chevy Volt
2008 Audi R8 V8
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
ejo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejo3rd View Post
My vote amount is listed as $1.00
I don't think anyone can give you legal advice, but I can say that my vote amount was $30,000.00 (but I have no receipts, I just wanted to cover myself in case I lost a RDM or HV). I voted Item 1 on warranty, and to accept the plan on the other.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

So I just overnited my claim form and warranty acceptance form today. The deadline for acceptance is July 15th. I hope these documents will be accepted because I never filled them out originally, but then again, neither did another 2300 Fisker owners. Probably too much confusion, particularly if you had no monetary claim for warranty work up to the time of the bankruptcy.

It seems to me that New Fisker should be lenient with those of us who did not file for whatever reason, and extend the warranty to all owners except those who opted out.
Mikey43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey43 View Post
So I just overnited my claim form and warranty acceptance form today. The deadline for acceptance is July 15th. I hope these documents will be accepted because I never filled them out originally, but then again, neither did another 2300 Fisker owners. Probably too much confusion, particularly if you had no monetary claim for warranty work up to the time of the bankruptcy.

It seems to me that New Fisker should be lenient with those of us who did not file for whatever reason, and extend the warranty to all owners except those who opted out.
The original claim forms were due January 27, 2014. This date was driven by the BK process - and NOT the New Fisker (obviously, because Wanxiang hadn't even emerged as the owner yet). Don't hold your breath that anything beyond the standard $2,000 per car will be granted to the late filings.

The July 15th date (actually, it's July 16th) you mention is only for the Warranty Claims Election Form - and only 149 owners with Class 6 claims would have received it. Sure, you can download it from the BK lawyer's website and fill it out but you're not eligible.

Then again, what do I know...I'm just some guy behind a keyboard. Call the BK lawyers and ask the questions / plead your case.
Sandy Eggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #19 (permalink)

Garage

[traveling out of country]
I don't have the forms in front of me, and haven't even read the most recent package (re: loyalty warranty?), but as noted above i couldn't give legal advice on how to complete your ballot even if i had access to all this.

Sandy Eggo's comments seem pretty accurate to me: you have to have filed a claim to file an election (ballot) now.

If any owner is running out of time, remember: submission by fax is an option (and why pay for FedEx if they'll take a fax anyway).
Old 07-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

Garage

I found the most recent package online, and will post some of they key aspects and questions to consider in deciding what to do with it.

"Such warranty coverage will be provided by New Fisker on the terms set forth in this Customer Support Program Policies and Procedures Manual (the “Customer Support Program Manual”) with the participation of a select group of dealers, distributors and retailers (collectively, the “Participating Dealers”) that were previously affiliated with Old Fisker. The Participating Dealers are signatories to this Customer Support Program Manual and have agreed to be bound by its terms. The names and addresses of the Participating Dealers can be found in Annex 1."

There are signature spaces for multiple dealers, but they are blank, and no list is included, so i have no idea which, if any, dealers are on board. This could be important to owners who were abandoned by their dealerships. If you were abandoned, and are nowhere near a service center, the warranty may be of very little value to you.