Any Updates on Wanxiang Original Owner Support? - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Default Any Updates on Wanxiang Original Owner Support?

All Original Owners:

Has anyone heard or received any updates from Wanxiang on original owner support beyond the $2,000 per vehicle? I tried to email the company through the current site just to get on their mailing list and their "contact us" email is down. Was hoping something good might come from their promise on the current site:

"We are already hard at work discussing ways that we can make this a better experience for all current Fisker owners and hope to bring better news to each owner in the near future."
Old 04-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocks View Post
All Original Owners:

Has anyone heard or received any updates from Wanxiang on original owner support beyond the $2,000 per vehicle? I tried to email the company through the current site just to get on their mailing list and their "contact us" email is down. Was hoping something good might come from their promise on the current site:

"We are already hard at work discussing ways that we can make this a better experience for all current Fisker owners and hope to bring better news to each owner in the near future."
I'm going to send them a certified letter return receipt, but I won't hold my breath. I don't think we'll hear anything for the next 3 months. They are probably still deciding whether or not they need prior owner support versus the cost of a better warranty. I don't expect any new Karmas to be produced for another 15 months as a 2016 model. Tesla and BMW will have cornered the electric vehicle market by then. Not to mention Cadillar, and hybrid Mercedes and Porsches. He who hesitates, falters.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ira

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage

"He who hesitates, falters."

Is that from Confucius? I don't see it here:

http://www.just-one-liners.com/categ...s-say-wordplay
Karma - Shadow/Canyon #1292
Ira is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2014, 12:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post
"He who hesitates, falters."

Is that from Confucius? I don't see it here:

http://www.just-one-liners.com/categ...s-say-wordplay
Not sure where the confucious quote came from, but I believe it's actually an adaptation of a saying by a Matthew Arnold...
Old 04-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

HE WHO HESITATES IS LOST - "Swift and resolute action leads to success; self-doubt is a prelude to disaster. The proverb goes back to 'Cato' (1713) by English essayist and poet Joseph Addison.
Bert Yetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocks View Post
All Original Owners:

why do you specify "original owner?" what does this mean? and just so you know in all the filings there is no distinction made.
asulil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asulil View Post
why do you specify "original owner?" what does this mean? and just so you know in all the filings there is no distinction made.
Hi, I was referring to early adopters and people who purchased from dealers that had the original factory warranties in place. I'm not sure how Wanxiang would handle the warranty for cars that have been purchased private party since then or if they look it as a "warranty is a warranty" even if the car has changed hands since the original dealer purchase. So I had put the question out to the group on the boards that have been riding this thing out from the beginning; i.e. original owners.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

if I bought my car in the aftermarket at a substantial discount I would not be as upset as an "original owner" who paid full price with the expectation of a 6 year warrenty (after the recall) and a repalcement battary commitment from the dealers and the manufacture .. my two cents.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quoted: 56 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
if I bought my car in the aftermarket at a substantial discount I would not be as upset as an "original owner" who paid full price with the expectation of a 6 year warrenty (after the recall) and a repalcement battary commitment from the dealers and the manufacture .. my two cents.
+1 I'm an original owner.
marswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)

As I suggested may happen, new ownership will likely offer a steep trade assist to original owners meaning an additional percentage or fixed amount on top of trade value to put them in a new car with a full warranty. Thats typical of a manufacturer. Ive been with European luxury dealers for 20 years and it is common practice to offer extended warranties and trade assist on a car with multiple problems or a major component or design issue. Just my thought, not inside info or anything to hold onto.
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote