Latest News on Wanxiang and FA - Page 5 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2014, 01:10 PM   #41 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbrownFisker View Post
The team at the New Fisker is fully aware of your dedication and loyalty to the Karma and what the car stands for. I personally want to find a way to answer each and every one of your emails regarding warranty, dealers, people, production plans, launch date etc....

Today at Fisker Automotive we have just hired the 27th person and have finaly come to a settlement to allow us to get access to the computer systems which will be on line in the next 30 days. This week we reached a settlement with warehouse that hold the inventory in 6 locations and this week we reached a settlement with our assembler to allow us access to the manufacturing equipment to assemble the Karma also within 30 days should get documented and approved.

Today at Fisker Automoitve there are no phone systems installed, extension cords on the floor to power the computers at each desk (as we bring them on) is snaked thur out the engineering and development room. No fancy coffee machine, plain water in the one fridegrator the company has. BUT today at the New Fisker is 27 of the best people in the industry that are excited about the future of the company, excited about a company that is DEBT FREE, creating jobs here in America. Yes some of the people that was with the old fisker is now with the New Fisker and yes they were part of the team that blew thru 1.3 billion dollars, but now they are part of the New Fisker, 80% of there time is not wasted going from one road show to the next to rise money, concerns of making payroll each week is not on their minds, they are not answering 100 page questionnaire from the 18 different consulting firms hired to talk about vision and mission statements, today they are focused on building a car company that challenges the existing auto industry. While I like a lot of you can second guess what happen and how the team at old Fisker could have done this or that different, I do appreciate the fact that they Jumped. They had the guts to try something different, leave a safe company and plow new ground is amazing, Now please do not take this as an endorsement of prior management or any action they did or did not take, it is only a statement that each one of them at least had the guts to walk on the field.

While we may not be the best today at communications with everyone, I want to ensure you we are focused on re-launching the Karma and making it the car you all wanted. I also want to assure you we are working tireless on launching the Surf and Atlantic in the future. We have a lot of great news that we will want to share with each of you and as the plans come clear to us then we will make sure we post it here.

On the returning of emails from the link at TheNewFisker.com, yes we have not replied to over the 2,400 email we have received, why you ask, simple we don't have the staff and we did not have the answers that each one of those emails required. Yes, I can hire some marketing firm to write can aswers and have programs read your emails and send back a reply that looks specific to anyone emails and yes I can take the 27 member team and have them stop everything they are doing to answer emails (note outside of 6 or 7 the rest are engineers and that would be a great human research program to watch them reply) but I did not feel like it is the right thing to do. We have a 90 day clock to work out our issues from the date of the BK closeing, we have over thousands of vendors that did not get paid we are negoiateing with, we have 1,000's of parts that need to be revalidated, we have over 200 people to hire in the next 90 days, we have over 200 outside engineers to hire in the next 90 days, so you can see why the focus is on executions not simply makeing press release or sending out feel good emails. Please give us a little slack as we start pushing the rock up the hill. Also, yes I know we need a better web site and we will have one, no need to just spend money on a web site unless you have information to put on the web site. Spending money frugal and smart is what we are about, not flash and burn out.

Typed on an iPhone so forgive spelling and grammar errors.

A lean start-up usually doesn't have an average annual salary of 290k with 26 employees. Attached, from the most recent DIP monthly report. Need to get some young blood, new hungry employees that you can compensate mostly in equity. Fisker the cash-cow part 2. Would love to believe you but most of the people that really truly love this car, bought one.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 10.05.25 AM.png (27.2 KB, 72 views)
smoothoperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #42 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

smoothoperator, you may not understand BK, the DIP report is for the estate (old Fisker). That is for there cost, and no I have no clue what they are spending it on. As we are New Fisker our operating budget is not reported, but I am happy to say we are no where close to the economics you reference. Also for the record if you assumption was true I would agree with you.
RbrownFisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #43 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Mr. Brown, it's great to see someone from the "New Fisker" on the forum. As an early purchaser of a Karma I'm especially interested in seeing what warranty/support might be made available to me in the future. I've been told with the early VIN of my car it is essentially a "time bomb" of major problems that will eventually show themselves. I love driving my Karma and look forward to hearing from you regarding support for us early adopters when the time is right.
Owner Karma #49 SE,
2013 Chevy Volt
2008 Audi R8 V8
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
ejo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Gents
I am happy to have now somebody responsive in the new Fisker company. I think these guys know what their job is and the will do it right. so please just let us give everything and everyone the time needed
Old 05-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Mr. Brown, would love to believe that this is the case, but I think I have seen this movie before and know how it ends. I'll reserve full judgment until we see more action, but as of now, I remain wholly unimpressed. As someone who took the time to write you directly a personal note (not thru the webform mind you) and as of this writing has yet to receive any reply, not even so much as a "thank you for your thoughts" note, I remain highly skeptical of a new culture at "New" Fisker. One cannot hope to achieve success in the enterprise when they ignore their largest supporters. In any industry, that's bad business and a prescription for inevitable failure. What's more, we are all busy and even your predecessors (from Ray Lane to LaSorda to Barney), took time to engage with owners when such owners took the initiative to reach out.

Time will tell - and we will all be watching.

Last edited by SoCalGuy; 05-21-2014 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Typo
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Default Fisker owner plans to challenge Tesla in U.S.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...enge-Tesla-U-S-

they are serious .. i wish them all success

Last edited by smggsm; 05-21-2014 at 07:04 PM.
smggsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #47 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

I am very impressed mr. Brown typed all of that on an iPhone. That might be more than I have ever typed on mine all together. I really appreciate the new Fisker reaching out to us this early in the reorganizing of the company. I can imagine the amount of work to do is staggering and for him to take time to respond to us on this forum should be met with appreciation. I don't think I've ever seen any person in the previous Fisker management ever respond on Fiskerbuzz, not even LaSorda.
Signature Edition Karma #72
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #48 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
I am very impressed mr. Brown typed all of that on an iPhone. That might be more than I have ever typed on mine all together. I really appreciate the new Fisker reaching out to us this early in the reorganizing of the company. I can imagine the amount of work to do is staggering and for him to take time to respond to us on this forum should be met with appreciation. I don't think I've ever seen any person in the previous Fisker management ever respond on Fiskerbuzz, not even LaSorda.

+1
right on
Old 05-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Mr. Brown, would love to believe that this is the case, but I think I have seen this movie before and know how it ends. I'll reserve full judgment until we see more action, but as of now, I remain wholly unimpressed. As someone who took the time to write you directly a personal note (not thru the webform mind you) and as of this writing has yet to receive any reply, not even so much as a "thank you for your thoughts" note, I remain highly skeptical of a new culture at "New" Fisker. One cannot hope to achieve success in the enterprise when they ignore their largest supporters. In any industry, that's bad business and a prescription for inevitable failure. What's more, we are all busy and even your predecessors (from Ray Lane to LaSorda to Barney), took time to engage with owners when such owners took the initiative to reach out.

Time will tell - and we will all be watching.
SoCalGuy, I understand and I apologize for not replying. Your judgement is something we will strive to get, but if we don't, I hope you understand it will not be because we did not try. Since you are "wholly unimpressed" we can only go up. . Also thanks for watching!!
RbrownFisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:48 PM   #50 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage

Mr. Brown,

Thank you for posting here. I'm sure I speak for many owners in saying that it is encouraging and exciting to see you engaging this community directly. There is a lot of passion on this forum, as I'm sure you have observed, and a wide variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives. One thing I think we all agree on though is that Fisker and the Karma were a pretty remarkable achievement and we all anxiously look forward to seeing it rise from the ashes and achieve its potential.

Would you mind if I reposted your note on some other Fisher enthusiast forums such as the Fisker Owners Facebook group?

Brent

Last edited by LonePalmBJ; 05-22-2014 at 07:14 AM.
LonePalmBJ is offline   Reply With Quote