We need to get Wanxiang Group to update the Fisker Automotive web site - Page 6 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #51 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.BIGGS View Post

That $2,000.00 dollar cap is some crap should be more like 15k or 20k per Fisker, pure horseshit, and no matter what the BK court states, if a company wants to fix your car and honor the warranty why would the US BK court give 2 *****! It seems like this is Wax/Fis way of getting out of spending some money that's it in a nutshell.

Honestly the more I think about it this is some real BS, so let me get this straight they are going to produce a new Karma which will most likely be the same looking car with better components, and honor those warranties, but not honor ours. This makes no sense, Wax/Fis should take care of us, reason being what better press could there be then the current owners Karma's giving positive feedback about the brand. My car has been alright, but I have had problem after problem, glitch after glitch, but I love the cars' looks, feel, and it works better then my Vette for the family. I just don't understand if we told more consumers about how much we love our Fiskers then they would sell the newer models without a hitch, but not taking care of the customers that stuck by Fisker is going to be a big mistake. The bad PR they are going to get will make selling any new models near impossible.

Heck I have a CIU/Infotainment center issue now were it keeps resetting to Los Angeles, no presets save, so this is going to be a out of pocket expense for me to have one of the Board Techs fix this, plus since I live somewhere there is no Fisker Techs in sight I have to break the dash down myself and send it out to get it fixed, it sucks if something major goes wrong with Karma...I am already past that $2,000.00 cap in repairs.

There should have been at least 5-10mil set aside for current Fisker owners, and there is no way updates, and repairs will actually cost Wax/Fis that much in the long run.....
Agreed.
Direstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:21 AM   #52 (permalink)

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)

Well, we will see what happens. Wax has to abide by the bk rules as the karma owners were basically just another debt way down on the list. **** they owed us 35000 in warranty claims which we wont see.
My suspicion is that they wont turn their back on "original" karma buyers and will offer something outside of the bk mandate. If they're smart they'll offer a big trade assist to get you guys into a new one that has the warranty. Like an extra 10-15k on top of your trade.however this wouldn't apply to those who bought one second hand for 50cents on the dollar on eBay knowing there was no warranty. Im talking people that bought while it was a viable company.
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #53 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
why wouldn't they have redirected the old to the new?
Oops, it does redirect, just takes a while.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2014, 10:49 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
Oops, it does redirect, just takes a while.
thats new. I checked the source for anything when they first changed it.
tannerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #55 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

yup - it's official http://www.fiskerautomotive.com redirects to the new fisker after ~ 30 seconds
Old 06-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #56 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage

i just got a reply form an inquiry i made few months back, i guess they got someone to answer all of our inquires, that's a great progress!
P90XMC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default pls appreciate those who own fiskers

Fiskerphilly,

Pls consider that those who did buy used fiskers protected original owners from completely devaluing their cars to 25% or lower of their original value.

We provided a backstop and an avenue to those who did not want to own a car with no dealer support, no parts supply chain, and potentially awkward services where you had to ship your car to a technician or fly them in to repair and perhaps have a vehicle out of service for days/weeks/months. heaven forbid A fisker gets rear ended or t-boned....you are almost out of luck and your whole investment is lost.

What if there were snags in the bk, or if new fisker doesn't get going for another year or two or ever.

What would an original fisker owner do if no one else was willing to take the risk of owning one. the 50% price off retail some paid is what it was worth given all the uncertainty and frankly all the potential problems, and the seller should be thankful they had an outlet to get out of their vehicle.

Why single that group out as 2nd class owners (no pun intended).

So, in the end I can't imagine a scenario legally, ethically, or practically where you discriminate on how you acquired the car for future trade in value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiskerPhilly View Post
Well, we will see what happens. Wax has to abide by the bk rules as the karma owners were basically just another debt way down on the list. **** they owed us 35000 in warranty claims which we wont see.
My suspicion is that they wont turn their back on "original" karma buyers and will offer something outside of the bk mandate. If they're smart they'll offer a big trade assist to get you guys into a new one that has the warranty. Like an extra 10-15k on top of your trade.however this wouldn't apply to those who bought one second hand for 50cents on the dollar on eBay knowing there was no warranty. Im talking people that bought while it was a viable company.
vikasrij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #58 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasrij View Post
Fiskerphilly,

Pls consider that those who did buy used fiskers protected original owners from completely devaluing their cars to 25% or lower of their original value.

We provided a backstop and an avenue to those who did not want to own a car with no dealer support, no parts supply chain, and potentially awkward services where you had to ship your car to a technician or fly them in to repair and perhaps have a vehicle out of service for days/weeks/months. heaven forbid A fisker gets rear ended or t-boned....you are almost out of luck and your whole investment is lost.

What if there were snags in the bk, or if new fisker doesn't get going for another year or two or ever.

What would an original fisker owner do if no one else was willing to take the risk of owning one. the 50% price off retail some paid is what it was worth given all the uncertainty and frankly all the potential problems, and the seller should be thankful they had an outlet to get out of their vehicle.

Why single that group out as 2nd class owners (no pun intended).

So, in the end I can't imagine a scenario legally, ethically, or practically where you discriminate on how you acquired the car for future trade in value.
I think FiskerPhilly's point is that if the company hadn't gone bankrupt and continued to support the warranty and the cars on the road, 2nd owners wouldn't have been able to buy the Karma at the prices they did (50-60% discount off brand new/1-year old cars). Put another way, the sales price of the Karma to recent buyers had the 'uncertainty factor' priced in - that is, the cost of having to pay for service/parts at whatever price folks may encounter. Buying a "new" or one-year lightly used $115K car for $50-60K can only be explained by that rationale. I don't think Karma prices will ever hit the $20-30K level, given the aesthetics and the cost of repairs.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #59 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Karma for 20-30k ? I would of bought one for parts ...
Old 06-04-2014, 12:55 AM   #60 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
Karma for 20-30k ? I would of bought one for parts ...
Exactly - will never happen.