We need to get Wanxiang Group to update the Fisker Automotive web site - Page 5 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #41 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Nin ja, it was March and I for one never recieved an email or letter to my home address advising me they closed shop. With the Britt family a hand shake and integrity means nothing. I wouldn't buy a paperclip from these guys.

With one cell in my battery gone now I have to figure out how to get a new battery and get it installed when more cells go south on me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
Ted britt ford in Virginia abandoned their obligation on or about march 2013 - let's just say, I'll never buy anything from them, and I can assure you anyone I know will know about that fact!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #42 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage

I thought this was an interesting perspective on "The New Fisker" website:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...ic-car-history

Brent
Old 03-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Interesting article what I got out of it is that Wanxiang as the owner of A123 should at least honor the full warrant (no cap) of the Fisker battery.
Dave Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #44 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave wilson View Post
interesting article what i got out of it is that wanxiang as the owner of a123 should at least honor the full warrant (no cap) of the fisker battery.
amen!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage

They finally took down the old site.

http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/
tannerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:39 AM   #46 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerc View Post
They finally took down the old site.

http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/
That's interesting... They didn't redirect it to "thenewfisker.com" site, which really makes you wonder who really posted the $50 "thenewfisker.com" Wordpress site with the timeline.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:52 PM   #47 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

See http://www.thenewfisker.com
BDub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #48 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

What I'm trying to say is the official Fisker web site http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/ is now landing page, stating "coming soon". If the new http://www.thenewfisker.com" were real, why wouldn't they have redirected the old to the new? Or why wouldn't they just have updated the original URL to begin with? This is very odd. I have doubts the "thenewfisker.com" site is real, it is too amateurish and two URLs causes confusion in the marketplace. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully I'm wrong and there's a very good explanation.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #49 (permalink)

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)

Still here in Philly. I've remained around to service the cars. Much the same as Harleyguy I handled all aftersales from parts/service manager to tech doing all the work. Certainly not doin it for profit as I have had a very secure job with Volvo for 20 years and do much better with that. I do it to build relationships with these people and I promised our first buyers we would always stand behind the product. Integrity means growth in the service end. I dont overcharge anyone, it'll only come back and bite you in the long run.
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #50 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Karma View Post
New Fisker website

http://thenewfisker.com

Warranty:

http://thenewfisker.com/faq/#i-purch...under-warranty

Pursuant to the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware sale order, Wanxiang America Corporation could only assume an agreement that was dictated by another buyer, so Wanxiang America Corporation was not allowed to change the Asset Purchase Agreement. Within the Purchase Agreement, Section 1.10 (i) provides up to $2,000 per each vehicle warrantied (ii) capped at $400,000 in the aggregate. We understand if you are an owner and paid good money for your vehicle, $2,000 is not what you bargained for or expected. Please understand that this provision was part of the court order that Wanxiang America Corporation assumed and accepted. We are already hard at work discussing ways that we can make this a better experience for all current Fisker owners and hope to bring better news to each owner in the near future.

That $2,000.00 dollar cap is some crap should be more like 15k or 20k per Fisker, pure horseshit, and no matter what the BK court states, if a company wants to fix your car and honor the warranty why would the US BK court give 2 *****! It seems like this is Wax/Fis way of getting out of spending some money that's it in a nutshell.

Honestly the more I think about it this is some real BS, so let me get this straight they are going to produce a new Karma which will most likely be the same looking car with better components, and honor those warranties, but not honor ours. This makes no sense, Wax/Fis should take care of us, reason being what better press could there be then the current owners Karma's giving positive feedback about the brand. My car has been alright, but I have had problem after problem, glitch after glitch, but I love the cars' looks, feel, and it works better then my Vette for the family. I just don't understand if we told more consumers about how much we love our Fiskers then they would sell the newer models without a hitch, but not taking care of the customers that stuck by Fisker is going to be a big mistake. The bad PR they are going to get will make selling any new models near impossible.

Heck I have a CIU/Infotainment center issue now were it keeps resetting to Los Angeles, no presets save, so this is going to be a out of pocket expense for me to have one of the Board Techs fix this, plus since I live somewhere there is no Fisker Techs in sight I have to break the dash down myself and send it out to get it fixed, it sucks if something major goes wrong with Karma...I am already past that $2,000.00 cap in repairs.

There should have been at least 5-10mil set aside for current Fisker owners, and there is no way updates, and repairs will actually cost Wax/Fis that much in the long run.....

Last edited by MR.BIGGS; 03-30-2014 at 11:42 PM.
MR.BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote