We need to get Wanxiang Group to update the Fisker Automotive web site - Page 4 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #31 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Amen.
Signature Edition Karma #72
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:25 AM   #32 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Kudos to Kroymans in The Netherlands too. They still live up to the agreement of 4 years warranty and service. Until today I haven't had to pay a penny. They even give me a replacement car for free whenever the car has to go there for service. I hope they will remain my car dealer for ever. Not just because of their excellent service but also because of the other cars they sell: Aston Marten, Ferrari, Masserati...
Old 03-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #33 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Garage

Ted britt ford in Virginia abandoned their obligation on or about march 2013 - let's just say, I'll never buy anything from them, and I can assure you anyone I know will know about that fact!

Old 03-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Sewell Houston did the same thing. When they sold me the car, they sold me on the merits of their dealership. I won't buy anything from them either.
PKB Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKB Houston View Post
Sewell Houston did the same thing. When they sold me the car, they sold me on the merits of their dealership. I won't buy anything from them either.
I bought mine from Sewell of Houston as well. Lucky for me I moved to South Beach and found Warren Henry and Harleyguy. No warranty but everything HArleyguy has charged me so far is more than fair. Last time I looked the Warren Henry Fisker site seems to be back listing "new" and Used Fiskers.
Makis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #36 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Makis, I'm in South Florida too and and attest to Harleyguy, he knows his stuff about the Karma and is great to deal with. Makes me very comfortable owning my Fisker.
Rrauch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Fishes View Post
I bought my Laguna Karma from Fisker Santa Monica which, if I'm not mistaken, sold more Karmas than any other dealership in the world.

Fisker Santa Monica was one of 12 different car dealerships owned by Mike Sullivan under the umbrella of LA Car Guy. Fisker Santa Monica sold me the car with the promise of a warranty to back it up. I would have never bought the car if not for the warranty. And I never considered buying from another dealer because I thought having a relationship with a nearby dealer would be the key to having a good experience owning a Karma versus a bad experience. Within 6 months of buying the car, Fisker Santa Monica was no longer servicing Fisker Karmas--not even if you were willing to pay out of pocket!

I understand from the perspective of a business owner that it isn't pleasant to have to stick to a deal that turns sour on you. But a deal is a deal. And failing to honor your obligations under a deal makes you a liar and a thief. I regard Mike Sullivan as exactly that--a liar and a thief. I would never, ever buy another car from one of his dealerships.

Kudos to all the dealerships out there that stuck by their customers. Sadly, they are/were very much in the minority.

And, like someone else said, Lormax was the only good thing that came of the mess for me.
Well said, and my thoughts exactly, my dealer Fisker of Bellevue, aka O'Brian auto group is a liar and a cheat. This is how Michael O'
Brian describes his business:

You may have never heard of the O'Brien Auto Group but we've been around and local since 1986. Our philosophy is very simple: Make your buying and ownership experience as easy and as enjoyable as possible.
We know that you have the highest expectations of the vehicles you drive and of the people you trust to help you out. Our teams consist of employees who care. We take the time for on-going training to be certain we're able to meet your needs with full confidence, providing the highest quality and user-friendly service available in the Pacific Northwest.
Our goal is to ensure that our customers are satisfied not only at the time of purchase, but as long as they own their vehicle. Offering some of the highest quality cars and trucks available is, of course, the first step - but only the beginning. We're proud to present a wide selection of premium, competitively priced, new and used vehicles.
When you walk into our dealership, whether to purchase a vehicle or to visit our service department, you should feel like a guest in our home. You can rest assured that each team member will do everything to make your experience as simple and as enjoyable as possible. We want you to feel that when you do business with the O'Brien Auto Group, life gets better.

I doubt any of his Fisker customers would say he had accomplished his goal, and not because the Karma wasn't a well priced premium vehicle. O'Brian won't have anything to do with his Fisker customers, he hasn't communicated with us, he won't service the vehicles (under warranty or for a price) AND he won't even share contacts so we can coordinate a service call from an independent tech to get a tune up.

Every businessman is easy to happy and all smiles when things are going well; you find out the true character when things don't turn out as planned. In the case of O'Brian auto group: Liar, Cheat and Coward are apt descriptions.
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
EV Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage

New Fisker website

http://thenewfisker.com

Warranty:

http://thenewfisker.com/faq/#i-purch...under-warranty

Pursuant to the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware sale order, Wanxiang America Corporation could only assume an agreement that was dictated by another buyer, so Wanxiang America Corporation was not allowed to change the Asset Purchase Agreement. Within the Purchase Agreement, Section 1.10 (i) provides up to $2,000 per each vehicle warrantied (ii) capped at $400,000 in the aggregate. We understand if you are an owner and paid good money for your vehicle, $2,000 is not what you bargained for or expected. Please understand that this provision was part of the court order that Wanxiang America Corporation assumed and accepted. We are already hard at work discussing ways that we can make this a better experience for all current Fisker owners and hope to bring better news to each owner in the near future.

Last edited by SC Karma; 03-05-2014 at 08:26 PM.
SC Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Looks like the $2,000.00 warranty amount is what is going to stick.

The company pulled together their website and is beginning to develop a public image for the New Fisker. Timing-wise it would be great if all us owners could organize and become an important factor in the remaking of this new company image. Together, in mass, we would become a large and public voice of loyal, original owners that they would have to take care of to make sure the new Fisker image is launched without negative undertones (they have enough of that with the DOE stuff.)

Maybe we begin with a nice letter to Wanxiang Group asking for support for all the loyal owners that have hung-on for all this time and continue to be positive brand ambassadors for Fisker. We have ALL original owners sign the letter. We also send the letter to all the Autoblogs and News outlets. If we show we are organized and bring this into the public media, we might have a chance at Wanxiang not wanting to tarnish their new Fisker re-branding efforts so early in the process. If we approach the letter and all communications in a positive light they might see the value in retaining the existing owners as happy customers.

My 2 cents...
Old 03-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Default Fisker gets approval to borrow $5M from Wanxiang

3/6/2014 Fisker Automotive Holdings Inc. received court approval to borrow $4.98 million from Wanxiang Group, the Chinese auto-parts maker that won an auction for the bankrupt maker of luxury plug-in cars.
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Brendan Linehan Shannon approved the interim financing at a hearing Thursday in Wilmington, Del. Fisker will return to court March 21 to seek approval of the rest of a $10.5 million debtor-in-possession loan.
The new financing replaces an $8.1 million loan from Hybrid Technology LLC. Hybrid, which also bid for Anaheim, Calif.-based Fisker, terminated the financing agreement and declared all principal and accrued interest due after Wanxiang won court approval to buy the automakerís assets.
Fisker filed for court protection Nov. 22 with a plan to sell its assets to Hybrid for about $25 million. Hybrid held a U.S. government loan that Fisker had defaulted on. Unsecured creditors objected to the price and helped bring Wanxiang into the case in December.
Wanxiang topped Hybrid after 19 rounds of bidding with an offer that included $126.2 million in cash, plus equity and $8 million in assumed liabilities. The purchase requires U.S. antitrust clearance.
Fisker listed assets of as much as $500 million and debt of as much as $1 billion in its Chapter 11 petition.