Concern about white sand finish - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Default Concern about white sand finish

Just had my car washed for the second time today and it appears that regular grime that was kicked up by the tires has "stained" the finish. It would not come off with regular washing or even a light clay treatment. I'm concerned the finish may be somewhat porous, I am planning to talk to the dealer about this in the morning and was wondering if anyone else noticed any thing like this on a white or other light colored car.
BillyO
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default RE: Concern about white sand finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyO
Just had my car washed for the second time today and it appears that regular grime that was kicked up by the tires has "stained" the finish. It would not come off with regular washing or even a light clay treatment. I'm concerned the finish may be somewhat porous, I am planning to talk to the dealer about this in the morning and was wondering if anyone else noticed any thing like this on a white or other light colored car.
BillyO
It may not be "regular grime" but rather chips in the paint. I have Eclipose/Black and within 2 weeks I had an unbelievable amount of chips in the paint on the back of the rear doors and fender. You may want to consider a clear bra if they are paint chips
ixtractm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage

I just found the same thing on my Eclipse today. The rear doors and fender are already speckled with spots. Looks horrible, but only if you know it's there. As soon as possible I'm going to have the clear bra extended to cover the entire door and rear fender area. I am truly shocked at how much damage has occurred already.
Richard Carnes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

On a similar note but different, I am curious what special cleaning instructions there are on these. I have earth color and with the recycled glass in it I was told by the dealer not to pressure wash or use wax on it, just curious what you all know about cleaning the car
tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler
On a similar note but different, I am curious what special cleaning instructions there are on these. I have earth color and with the recycled glass in it I was told by the dealer not to pressure wash or use wax on it, just curious what you all know about cleaning the car
tyler- See this thread.
matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
BillyO
This may sound basic, but if it's a design flaw from front wheel kick by, maybe we need little mudflats like my Aston rapide ?
2012 silver wind / black moonstone Eco Sport..#1435...\"why drive the past when you can drive the future?\"
Ross a klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler
There is NO reason why you can't wax the car I actually Detail cars as a hobby and I don't mean just wash and wax jobs some details take up to 25 hours just to remove Swirls from the paint caused by bad was techniques or car wash machines . Anyway wax is fine pressure washer isn't a good idea since the windows are sealed by just the seal against them the window isn't in a fix track so a pressure washer can force water into the car past the seal also when you use a pressure washer you have to be care full of rocks from the ground flying up only uselow pressure washer like the ones from Karcher

Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

can you guys post pictures of the chips/grime you're seeing - would like to see if I have the same on my Silver Wind. Thanks!
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtractm
Quote:
BillyO
It may not be "regular grime" but rather chips in the paint. I have Eclipose/Black and within 2 weeks I had an unbelievable amount of chips in the paint on the back of the rear doors and fender. You may want to consider a clear bra if they are paint chips
Nope. It's not chipped just stained like coffee on teeth or something it seem to have penetrated the finish. I will consider clear bra but I have to find a way remove the stains first.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtractm
Quote:
BillyO
Nope. It's not chipped just stained like coffee on teeth or something it seem to have penetrated the finish. I will consider clear bra but I have to find a way remove the stains first.
You may want to try some "gentle" (clearcoat safe) tar remover in a small area, to see if that removes the stain. Then, after it's clean, wax over it. The tar remover will remove the wax finish, but shouldn't harm the clearcoat.
matrix is offline   Reply With Quote