Software update - Page 3 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

A larger battery pack with a smaller, quieter ICE would be my hope for retro upgrades to the MY2012 Karma as well. In the interim, a 6.6 kWh OBCM (or larger) would be the next best thing.
WATTGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
I am pretty excited about the higher capacity HV batteries also, but the bigger the battery gets, the less useful the ICE becomes, and most of us will end up lugging around 600+ of ICE and Generator that we rarely ever use. The 260 HP/180KW Genset makes a lot sense with a 20 KWH battery, but with a 80 KWH battery, not so much, IMHO.

I know this is a big ask, but it would be great if there is parallel development on a much smaller and lighter Genset, or just a replacement battery pack to replace the ICE completely.
based on m y use, I would welcome a battery pack that could retro the tunnel and the ICE bay with added battery capacity as you suggest and a 6.6kw level III charging capabilities. rather then replacing the ice with more battery then another ice could be a cheaper way to retro the car -- assuming the cost of the battery goes down as projected as well as weight -- maybe @PowerSource could make this their next project and entice new fisker to provide it as an option to their production run. I would even keep my Karma as is and hope the sunset gets build with both small ice and battery option or just a large capacity battery -- that would be a winner in my book -- but they better hurry, you know it's a matter of time before Audi, Mercedes, Porche and telsa come out with great looking e-cars ...
Old 09-08-2015, 01:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
[B]ut they better hurry, you know it's a matter of time before Audi, Mercedes, Porche and telsa come out with great looking e-cars ...
I think the traditional car makers are moving towards building familiar cars with BEV/Hybrid powertrains. Teslas don't seem to getting any prettier, or any cheaper, so no worries there.

But I completely agree; the window is closing quickly. And if the BEV Aston Martin ever actually hits the market, all bets are off -- even for a die-hard fan like me.

Yes, it is going to be pretty pricey, but compared to my other choice, the AMG SLS EV, it's an absolute bargain.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641

Last edited by Fabulist; 09-08-2015 at 01:06 AM.
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2015, 01:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Garage

can't argue with that -- The new Fisker better understand they have following and a loyal customer base, they better start to understand our needs before another "looker" take our hearts (and money) away ;-)
Old 09-08-2015, 02:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

We plan on releasing a few packs after a successful release of our module (which will be an inherent piece of any ESS upgrade).

Our first upgrade pack will be ~50% increase in advertised energy capacity on the Karma pack.

The platform we are developing on will be the current Karma so all upgrades will be compatible for all current production Karma's. For comparisons sake Elon's most recent battery upgrade is only for Roadster 2.x (meaning 500 Roadster's are out of the game).

You will be excited by what we have in store. Stay tuned.

PS: remember as the pack capacity increases power discharge rates also increase
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
We plan on releasing a few packs after a successful release of our module (which will be an inherent piece of any ESS upgrade).

Our first upgrade pack will be ~50% increase in advertised energy capacity on the Karma pack.

The platform we are developing on will be the current Karma so all upgrades will be compatible for all current production Karma's. For comparisons sake Elon's most recent battery upgrade is only for Roadster 2.x (meaning 500 Roadster's are out of the game).

You will be excited by what we have in store. Stay tuned.

PS: remember as the pack capacity increases power discharge rates also increase
You know you have our attention! Hopefully we'll get past the foreplay and get down to business soon -- you know most "original" owners are ready for a climax ;-)
Old 09-08-2015, 11:03 AM   #27 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
I think the traditional car makers are moving towards building familiar cars with BEV/Hybrid powertrains. Teslas don't seem to getting any prettier, or any cheaper, so no worries there.

But I completely agree; the window is closing quickly. And if the BEV Aston Martin ever actually hits the market, all bets are off -- even for a die-hard fan like me.

Yes, it is going to be pretty pricey, but compared to my other choice, the AMG SLS EV, it's an absolute bargain.

i here mercedes is looking to build a Tesla competitor based on the GT platform

Old 09-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
Ira

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage
Default Ira's Karma

Good Karma.jpg
Karma - Shadow/Canyon #1292
Ira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
You know you have our attention! Hopefully we'll get past the foreplay and get down to business soon -- you know most "original" owners are ready for a climax ;-)
Is that the opening line to your new book, 50 Shades of Silver Wind?

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:00 AM   #30 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

Generally, I love the look of Aston Martins, but ... that one kinda looks like the Ford Fusion ... from that angle above.
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote