Home charger defective? - Page 3 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mcguiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Catonsville Maryland
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=FISCALI;101722]Can you send me the link for that company?
Do you recommend the charging specs
For the karma? Which model I need to


http://www.clippercreek.com/

I believe the karma max charge capacity is 18amps 3.3kw...that it can handle.

The level 2... LCS 25 fixed charger model is a good one currently on sale. And as Harleyguy states they stand behind there products. Est time to full charge from 0 is 5-6hours...
Mcguiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
P90XMC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Default

[quote=Mcguiver;101746]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISCALI View Post
Can you send me the link for that company?
Do you recommend the charging specs
For the karma? Which model I need to


http://www.clippercreek.com/

I believe the karma max charge capacity is 18amps 3.3kw...that it can handle.

The level 2... LCS 25 fixed charger model is a good one currently on sale. And as Harleyguy states they stand behind there products. Est time to full charge from 0 is 5-6hours...
the actual draw of the fisker is 3.6kw.
i have one of these great LCS-25 chargers for sale, PM me for more info.
P90XMC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
grundoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Default

My charger was working great for 2 years, recently I put the charger onto a power bar so that it would not hang from the household plug. It is silly they give it an 8" cord to the communications box when standard wall plugs are 16" from the ground. Today I use the charger and none of the green lights will turn on, I tried 3 different circuits and the lights do not turn on. I tried charging the car and it still makes the keeshun sound when you plug it into the karma, but does not charge it. Obviously no lights = no charge. Anyone else now have a defective charger? I am in Canada and I purchased a Nissan charger and it will be in stock in 2 days for $1000CAD plus tax.
grundoon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-17-2015, 05:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
marswill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 350
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundoon View Post
My charger was working great for 2 years, recently I put the charger onto a power bar so that it would not hang from the household plug. It is silly they give it an 8" cord to the communications box when standard wall plugs are 16" from the ground. Today I use the charger and none of the green lights will turn on, I tried 3 different circuits and the lights do not turn on. I tried charging the car and it still makes the keeshun sound when you plug it into the karma, but does not charge it. Obviously no lights = no charge. Anyone else now have a defective charger? I am in Canada and I purchased a Nissan charger and it will be in stock in 2 days for $1000CAD plus tax.
If you're handy you could get one of these kits: http://www.emotorwerks.com/products/...assembled-unit
You could use your old cords and J1772 plug and save some money. Or you could get the assembled verrsion. It will work on any voltage from 100V to 240V. A friend of mine got one for his Fiat 500e. He's an engineer and really liked the construction and performance. If my portable charger goes bad, this is what I would get (I'm also an engineer). It's also available in non-kit form too, ready to go.
marswill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Fabulist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 4,641
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundoon View Post
My charger was working great for 2 years, recently I put the charger onto a power bar so that it would not hang from the household plug. It is silly they give it an 8" cord to the communications box when standard wall plugs are 16" from the ground. Today I use the charger and none of the green lights will turn on, I tried 3 different circuits and the lights do not turn on. I tried charging the car and it still makes the keeshun sound when you plug it into the karma, but does not charge it. Obviously no lights = no charge. Anyone else now have a defective charger? I am in Canada and I purchased a Nissan charger and it will be in stock in 2 days for $1000CAD plus tax.
Did the charger stop working even if it is plugged in directly? Or is it just when you use the power strip?
__________________
-- Fab.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
grundoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Default

I tried plugging in the charger directly into 3 separate outlets at my house and same problem, lights no longer light up. The only reason I used the power strip was so that the controller box would not dangle from the wall. I used to flick the powerbar switch when I was done charging and then I got lazy and stopped doing that. Perhaps leaving the charger with the 4 lights on for a week overheated it? At first I thought perhaps I can charge it without the lights on because it still makes that ku-clunk sound when you plug it into the car, but it does nothing. I thought perhaps it is possible all 4 led lights burnt out, very unlikely, but possible, but that is obviously not the case. I was just surprised a charger could fail, it is kept in the dry garage and doesn't get banged. The charger was getting a lot of love in there.
grundoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,959
Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Default

If it's the charger that came with the car I have one word Junk . There is a way to get part of the cost of a new charger under warranty . Fisker doesn't have them in stock but if you go though a Fisker dealership they will reimburse part of the cost of a new one like the Clipper Creek one .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
DHH
Senior Member
 
DHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Default

Clipper creek works great for me since I bought may car - Harleyguy was spot on.
DHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
grundoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Default

Yes; it was the charger that came with the car. Ok good to know you classify it as junk, now I know I didn't mistreat it.
grundoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:43 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
If it's the charger that came with the car I have one word Junk . There is a way to get part of the cost of a new charger under warranty . Fisker doesn't have them in stock but if you go though a Fisker dealership they will reimburse part of the cost of a new one like the Clipper Creek one .
@Harleyguy, can I get a warranty reimbursement after the fact? My original Fisker charger finally kicked the bucket over the holidays, so of course, I purchased the recommended Clipper Creek charger. It never occurred to me that I could get some warranty help. Is it too late?
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chargepoint / home charger monitoring SoCalGuy Charging and Chargers 5 09-12-2012 07:07 PM
WHAT IS BEST Level 2 Charger from Home Depot ? WOJO Charging and Chargers 4 04-29-2012 12:28 PM
Home depot charger Ross a klein Charging and Chargers 5 03-24-2012 10:07 AM
Fisker to debut high voltage home charger in Frankfurt Wimbledon Fisker Karma 0 09-24-2009 10:24 AM
Home depot charger Ross a klein Fisker Karma 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.