Home charger defective? - Page 3 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #21 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

[QUOTE=FISCALI;101722]Can you send me the link for that company?
Do you recommend the charging specs
For the karma? Which model I need to

http://www.clippercreek.com/

I believe the karma max charge capacity is 18amps 3.3kw...that it can handle.

The level 2... LCS 25 fixed charger model is a good one currently on sale. And as Harleyguy states they stand behind there products. Est time to full charge from 0 is 5-6hours...
Mcguiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #22 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage

[quote=Mcguiver;101746]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISCALI View Post
Can you send me the link for that company?
Do you recommend the charging specs
For the karma? Which model I need to

http://www.clippercreek.com/

I believe the karma max charge capacity is 18amps 3.3kw...that it can handle.

The level 2... LCS 25 fixed charger model is a good one currently on sale. And as Harleyguy states they stand behind there products. Est time to full charge from 0 is 5-6hours...
the actual draw of the fisker is 3.6kw.
i have one of these great LCS-25 chargers for sale, PM me for more info.
P90XMC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:08 PM   #23 (permalink)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

My charger was working great for 2 years, recently I put the charger onto a power bar so that it would not hang from the household plug. It is silly they give it an 8" cord to the communications box when standard wall plugs are 16" from the ground. Today I use the charger and none of the green lights will turn on, I tried 3 different circuits and the lights do not turn on. I tried charging the car and it still makes the keeshun sound when you plug it into the karma, but does not charge it. Obviously no lights = no charge. Anyone else now have a defective charger? I am in Canada and I purchased a Nissan charger and it will be in stock in 2 days for $1000CAD plus tax.
grundoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2015, 05:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundoon View Post
My charger was working great for 2 years, recently I put the charger onto a power bar so that it would not hang from the household plug. It is silly they give it an 8" cord to the communications box when standard wall plugs are 16" from the ground. Today I use the charger and none of the green lights will turn on, I tried 3 different circuits and the lights do not turn on. I tried charging the car and it still makes the keeshun sound when you plug it into the karma, but does not charge it. Obviously no lights = no charge. Anyone else now have a defective charger? I am in Canada and I purchased a Nissan charger and it will be in stock in 2 days for $1000CAD plus tax.
If you're handy you could get one of these kits: http://www.emotorwerks.com/products/...assembled-unit
You could use your old cords and J1772 plug and save some money. Or you could get the assembled verrsion. It will work on any voltage from 100V to 240V. A friend of mine got one for his Fiat 500e. He's an engineer and really liked the construction and performance. If my portable charger goes bad, this is what I would get (I'm also an engineer). It's also available in non-kit form too, ready to go.
marswill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundoon View Post
Did the charger stop working even if it is plugged in directly? Or is it just when you use the power strip?

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

I tried plugging in the charger directly into 3 separate outlets at my house and same problem, lights no longer light up. The only reason I used the power strip was so that the controller box would not dangle from the wall. I used to flick the powerbar switch when I was done charging and then I got lazy and stopped doing that. Perhaps leaving the charger with the 4 lights on for a week overheated it? At first I thought perhaps I can charge it without the lights on because it still makes that ku-clunk sound when you plug it into the car, but it does nothing. I thought perhaps it is possible all 4 led lights burnt out, very unlikely, but possible, but that is obviously not the case. I was just surprised a charger could fail, it is kept in the dry garage and doesn't get banged. The charger was getting a lot of love in there.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #27 (permalink)

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)

If it's the charger that came with the car I have one word Junk . There is a way to get part of the cost of a new charger under warranty . Fisker doesn't have them in stock but if you go though a Fisker dealership they will reimburse part of the cost of a new one like the Clipper Creek one .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
DHH

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)

Clipper creek works great for me since I bought may car - Harleyguy was spot on.
DHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:50 PM   #29 (permalink)

Yes; it was the charger that came with the car. Ok good to know you classify it as junk, now I know I didn't mistreat it.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:43 AM   #30 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
If it's the charger that came with the car I have one word Junk . There is a way to get part of the cost of a new charger under warranty . Fisker doesn't have them in stock but if you go though a Fisker dealership they will reimburse part of the cost of a new one like the Clipper Creek one .
@Harleyguy, can I get a warranty reimbursement after the fact? My original Fisker charger finally kicked the bucket over the holidays, so of course, I purchased the recommended Clipper Creek charger. It never occurred to me that I could get some warranty help. Is it too late?
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote