General public reaction to Karma - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Default General public reaction to Karma

Being a car nut, I've owned a number of nice cars over the years. But I have to say I am floored by the uniformly positive public reaction my car has generated during my first 4 days of ownership. Teenagers, senior citizens, car nuts, average folks, men, women, it doesn't seem to matter. EVERYONE compliments the styling of the Karma and the finish of the interior. Very few have heard of it or know that it is a plug-in hybrid - that doesn't seem to matter. The Karma stands out as a beautiful design, consistent with the Automobile Magazine Design of the Year award.

Are the rest of you who have been lucky enough to receive cars experiencing the same reactions?

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default RE: General public reaction to Karma

Yep. I have been amazed at the number of times I've walked out of the grocery store/restaurant/movie theater/etc and encountered people taking pictures of the car. It must be at least half the times I've parked the car I've had the "photographer moment."

Beyond the photos I've had tons of compliments from guys, gals, and kids. Truly amazing.

Perhaps it's the Shadow/Canyon combo.. ;-)

Fnorrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It's a shame though that many of those people don't seem to realize that this car is elektric. It's the perfect proof that environmental friendliness is not hostile to the world of cars, and vice versa. But many people are missing that message. That's why, as soon as I have my Karma, I will order a nice sticker to put on the back with the word ELECTRIC (I found an nice design already but need to have it made in the right size, and for that I need my car - *hint*).

When it looks good on the car I can even have it made on a larger scale and send it out to interested Karma-owners
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Perhaps if one of you new owners starts doing laps around the Fox News headquarters we'll really win people over...
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Personalized license plate ideas: [ ITSELEC ] [ LECTRIC ] [ LECTRIK ] [ HYBRID ] [ HIBREED ] [ VOLTKLR ]
[ E MOTO ]
Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Fab,

How much do personalized license plates cost in Cali? Never had one but think now might be a good time to jump in...

Old 01-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabalah70
Personalized license plate ideas: [ ITSELEC ] [ LECTRIC ] [ LECTRIK ] [ HYBRID ] [ HIBREED ] [ VOLTKLR ]
[ E MOTO ]
[ HIHENRIK ] [ FISKY ] [ 1300 NM ] [ WAWAWA ] (tron noise) [ EEEEEEE ] (electric noise)
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
Fab,

How much do personalized license plates cost in Cali? Never had one but think now might be a good time to jump in...

Registering cars in California is already so expensive that the extra charge for a "special interest plate" is less than $50 a year. There are a number of different themes you can get (Standard plate, Sept. 11 Memorial, Lake Tahoe, etc.) and the money collected by DMV for the plates goes to specific causes. The DMV has a great website where you can see if the plate is available and to reserve it. Here is the Link.

-- Fab.
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist
Registering cars in California is already so expensive that the extra charge for a "special interest plate" is less than $50 a year. There are a number of different themes you can get (Standard plate, Sept. 11 Memorial, Lake Tahoe, etc.) and the money collected by DMV for the plates goes to specific causes. The DMV has a great website where you can see if the plate is available and to reserve it. Here is the Link.
I ordered FISKAR on the "arts" plate which has palm trees on the left and room for 6 characters. They said it will take 8-12 weeks to get it.

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Nice! I wish it had more letter options!!!