Any more owner feedback? - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 03:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Default Any more owner feedback?

Was told my car will be at dealer on Thursday! Need to decide whether to pull trigger or cancel/postpone. Curious on more feedback from folks that have the car already.

Also, I will likely only use the car one weekend per month. Does anyone know if it will need to be started/run periodically (eg once a week) like other cars?
Old 01-01-2012, 03:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Default RE: Any more owner feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
Was told my car will be at dealer on Thursday! Need to decide whether to pull trigger or cancel/postpone. Curious on more feedback from folks that have the car already.

Also, I will likely only use the car one weekend per month. Does anyone know if it will need to be started/run periodically (eg once a week) like other cars?
What other cars need to be run once a week?

I leave mine (my plain old ordinary Subaru) in the garage for weeks at a time when I go overseas ... never had any problem with it. If I were leaving it for months I'd put some Sta-Bil in the gas tank, perhaps.
ct-fiskerbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Any more owner feedback?

Just curious. Have any who have taken delivery found that there is an option in the command center to turn on proximity lock and unlock? Or, is it not available and one must push the button on the key to lock and unlock?
ebarneyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Quote:

I've had mine a couple of days and have been pleased so far. I gave it a thorough going over when I brought it home and found the fit and finish both inside and out to be very good.

Yesterday I took it for a 150 mile drive and had a very enjoyable time. The car performed perfectly and got a lot of attention.

Compared to our Chevy Volt the electronics package is a mix of "wow, look what the Fisker does compared to the Volt", and "it would be nice if the Fisker did that".
No show stoppers, just a different way of doing things. Overall I like the Fisker electronics and controls much better. The whole interface is much cleaner. The Volt is a sea of bottons all over the dash, the Fisker as you know is a beautiful, clean control center. The one item I really wish the Fisker had was a better control over the charging system. On the Volt I can specify when I want the charge to begin based on rates, departure time, etc.. On the Fisker there is no choice. Once you plug it in it's charging. It really makes a difference if you are on a time of use electric rate plan.

This car will be a daily drive between me and my wife. I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more about our experience, and comparing it to our experience with the Volt.

I'm also going to mention we bought our car from Fisker of Orange County. We worked with Marcelo and he has been excellent.

So far I give Fisker ownership a !
Owner Karma #49 SE,
2013 Chevy Volt
2008 Audi R8 V8
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
ejo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejo3rd
Quote:

I've had mine a couple of days and have been pleased so far. I gave it a thorough going over when I brought it home and found the fit and finish both inside and out to be very good.

Yesterday I took it for a 150 mile drive and had a very enjoyable time. The car performed perfectly and got a lot of attention.

Compared to our Chevy Volt the electronics package is a mix of "wow, look what the Fisker does compared to the Volt", and "it would be nice if the Fisker did that".
No show stoppers, just a different way of doing things. Overall I like the Fisker electronics and controls much better. The whole interface is much cleaner. The Volt is a sea of bottons all over the dash, the Fisker as you know is a beautiful, clean control center. The one item I really wish the Fisker had was a better control over the charging system. On the Volt I can specify when I want the charge to begin based on rates, departure time, etc.. On the Fisker there is no choice. Once you plug it in it's charging. It really makes a difference if you are on a time of use electric rate plan.

This car will be a daily drive between me and my wife. I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more about our experience, and comparing it to our experience with the Volt.

I'm also going to mention we bought our car from Fisker of Orange County. We worked with Marcelo and he has been excellent.

So far I give Fisker ownership a !
Thanks for the feedback. I'm
Also getting mine from Fisker OC and Terry/Marcelo have been good. Curious - did you have any seam issues as previously reported (eg front lights/hood, rear trunk/bumper)? Any software crashes etc?

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

My experience so far is excellent. Just some ramdon feedback, in no order: The fit and finish is excellent, the interior leather is probably the most luxurious and supple I have ever been in. The ride, in Stealth mode is amazingly quiet and smooth, and the car corners very well and rides great on the freeway, even with those low profile tires. My car has the 6.11 software and I have had no problems. In fact, compared to my experience with BMW and Aston Martin, this car's early quality is better than the others. I have always had quirks in cars to get worked out. None (so far!) with this car. I have been getting consistent 43-45 miles per charge. I like the seats, but I have noticed that the "ridge" of seam in the middle of the driver's seat (the transition point of the two colors of leather) slightly "catches" as I drag my rear across the seat when I climb in. The ridge is a design element, not functional, so I would suggest they make it a smooth seam. The back seats are terrific, but my ex-football 300 lb neighbor couldn't fit. He did fit up front, which is a feat for a guy 6'-5". He loved the car. Another friend drove my car around, and then he asked the price and when I told him he arched his eyebrows… and said "I think they've waaaaay underpriced it…this beats the snot out of an Audi A8L at the same price." Different cars, IMO, but you get the idea.
Dave_Car_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy
My experience so far is excellent. Just some ramdon feedback, in no order: The fit and finish is excellent, the interior leather is probably the most luxurious and supple I have ever been in. The ride, in Stealth mode is amazingly quiet and smooth, and the car corners very well and rides great on the freeway, even with those low profile tires. My car has the 6.11 software and I have had no problems. In fact, compared to my experience with BMW and Aston Martin, this car's early quality is better than the others. I have always had quirks in cars to get worked out. None (so far!) with this car. I have been getting consistent 43-45 miles per charge. I like the seats, but I have noticed that the "ridge" of seam in the middle of the driver's seat (the transition point of the two colors of leather) slightly "catches" as I drag my rear across the seat when I climb in. The ridge is a design element, not functional, so I would suggest they make it a smooth seam. The back seats are terrific, but my ex-football 300 lb neighbor couldn't fit. He did fit up front, which is a feat for a guy 6'-5". He loved the car. Another friend drove my car around, and then he asked the price and when I told him he arched his eyebrows… and said "I think they've waaaaay underpriced it…this beats the snot out of an Audi A8L at the same price." Different cars, IMO, but you get the idea.
Great post Dave! Glad you are enjoying your car and are trouble-free so far. Can't wait to get mine.

Hopefully as we see more experiences like this the voices of the doubters will be placed on Mute.

- Dennis

Old 01-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarneyr
Just curious. Have any who have taken delivery found that there is an option in the command center to turn on proximity lock and unlock? Or, is it not available and one must push the button on the key to lock and unlock?
My car hasn't arrived yet, but I'm fairly certain keyless proximity lock/unlock is not available from Fisker yet. Only keyless start. You have to use the key fob to lock/unlock the car.
matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

Thanks for all the feedback. But just question to everyone: is it not true that a car with an ICE needs to be run periodically to maintain battery charge and ensure all the mechanical parts work fine/are lubricated?
Old 01-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback. But just question to everyone: is it not true that a car with an ICE needs to be run periodically to maintain battery charge and ensure all the mechanical parts work fine/are lubricated?
I put my 1989 Firebird away every fall before the bad weather arrives. All I do is put a battery tender on it. In the spring I start it up and drive. Maybe it helps that it is in a heated/humidity controlled garage.

(The biggest thing is the battery tender; any car left alone will eventually have a dead battery. Mine is a 900 milliamp model that will kick on when needed and stop when charged automatically. Best $30 I've spent on my cars. I've got 3 of them, for the Firebirds and the Ducati. NAPA part #85-201.)

Keep in mind that if your commute is short enough and you plug it in often, your Fisker's engine could theoretically never run! In these cases the Volt is programmed to start its engine about once a month, in the interest of keeping the fuel moving. Not sure about the Karma. Anyone got an insight on this?
mattjs33 is offline   Reply With Quote