Help me decide if this car is for me. - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Help me decide if this car is for me.

Guys,
I am new here and have had a ton of cars. We have baby and the wife is looking for a nice 4 door car. We both really like the Fisker but have a few concerns.

1. Warranty (as most people here) Car has 1600 miles on it and offering 0 warranty on a car that cost 66k dollars scares the bejesus out of me. Fields here in Florida can service the car but at 180hr it will add up quick.
We will be trading in 2 cars (which I have almost 200k in and losing our ass but they are both 2 door sports cars)

2. What is the failure rate, I saw that a battery goes out I am out up to 30k. We do not have that kind of cash flow to fix.

Can you guys check to see if it received the updated battery and RMD?

VIN
YH4K16AA1CA000688

Rather have all leather vs. EcoChic interior but that is what this car comes with.

Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome.
YH4K16AA1CA000688
YH4K16AA1CA000688
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

No doubt it's a high risk proposition. I'd only buy if you have the disposable income to easily take a complete loss on the car.

Rather than taking a bath on your two current sports cars, why not sell them privately? Dealers are eager to dump their Karmas. No need to sweeten the deal for them.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)

PM sent
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

This was a Fisker OC car originally I believe- Lormax may be able to help as he was the main tech at that dealership.

Car looks clean to me- I have seen this car go through the blocks at Manheim a few times. I guess people don't like that color combo.

Chances are this car is not late enough in the production cycle and has not been driven enough for any problems to manifest themselves. I would pass on this car and look for something in the 2000's vin wise.

If you are feeling risky I can furnish you with the Manheim sales numbers and you can use it when negotiating a deal. In the whole scheme of things though I would not get a car like this with this low of a vin. The low miles is actually a bad thing at these vin numbers.
smoothoperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Maybe Lormax can chime in the see if it recieved that updated battery.

I think the dealer is being fair on the trade in. I am washing one of them (paying off what we owe) and the other one is paid for and getting 30k for it.

There are only roughly 2200 cars, finding a vin that high would very limit the market and I would need to find a private buyer for 2 cars (plus I lose the tax benefit of 47k trade in)

I have a local Mech that can work on the car. Might not be a "cert fisker" mechanic but he has already worked on one. He used to be lead Hennessey mechanic and works on my cars. So, at least the hr rate will be better. Just not sure how impossible it will be to get parts.

They are selling the car to me for 64890
Old 07-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Adam. Your an amazing contact. Thanks a million
Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
Adam. Your an amazing contact. Thanks a million
Thank you You have my number
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

I like the interior colors and think EcoChic is the way to go personally. Pricing wise - I think that $ is full retail at the moment for that VIN with those miles. It's not a bad deal but I think you can do better.

I think Karmas are rather plentiful in Florida - shouldn't be too tough to find a few to pick from. I agree with prior posts - try to hold out for a VIN # over 2000 if you can to give yourself a little more peace of mind.

Tell us about what you are looking to get rid of...you never know, maybe someone here will PM you with a better offer than the dealer is willing to do.
Sandy Eggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Lingenfelter C6 with Lamborghni seats
The rear LPE fascia is authentic CES rear that is not buyable. This is not the CES 427TT car. There are only 14 rears in the world.
Full DSV interior
360 Forged wheels
and more

Open to offers.

and a 500hp NA 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS FULL Leather interior done by DSV - 22k plus many other mods

Old 07-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Don't want to be a downer, because I really do love my car, but if you are not prepared to write the car off because of mechanical failure the day after you buy it, or not be prepared to spend 15-30k for RDM or battery, I would steer clear.

Just read a few of the scarier posts, and then put yourself in that persons situation. If you can tolerate the uncertainty then, by all means, take the plunge. If not--get an Audi A7 or BMW 535 or some other reliable vehicle.
Mikey43 is offline   Reply With Quote