Fox News reports increase in Karma price - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Default Fox News reports increase in Karma price

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/...-hybrid-sedan/

Supposed to go into effect on Thursday, per the above article, and those with existing deposits can "place firm orders at the original price", whatever that means, by "January 15th".

Looks like I managed to get mine in on time, anyway.
ct-fiskerbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Default RE: Fox News reports increase in Karma price

WTF? What justifies a second price increase on a car that has yet to be delivered to customers?

- Dennis

Old 12-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Wow, that's bad. The car simply isn't worth that much money. It was very difficult to justify at the current price, but there's no way I could recommend it for the new price. Good thing the price increase doesn't apply to existing orders, but I think this will seriously reduce the number of Karmas on the road next year.

-Brian
brian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage

New buyers will have to wait for the 0.9% financing and $2500 cash back offers that are sure to follow the drop in demand...

Old 12-13-2011, 01:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

what is FIsker trying to pull here? Scare deposit holders into buying or "being priced out" forever? Seems like a bubble in another asset class from a few years ago!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
what is FIsker trying to pull here? Scare deposit holders into buying or "being priced out" forever? Seems like a bubble in another asset class from a few years ago!
I guess if you are one of the 3000 deposit holders who have waited patiently, they are telling you to come pick a configuration or pay a higher price.
It seems strange to me that in the last year, the quoted number of deposit holders has never changed.

BillyO
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
I guess if you are one of the 3000 deposit holders who have waited patiently, they are telling you to come pick a configuration or pay a higher price.
It seems strange to me that in the last year, the quoted number of deposit holders has never changed.

BillyO
It's bad enough they raised prices $8K on us before and also charge us for things like exterior paint ($3K).... other companies would have grandfathered existing depositors into the original pricing scheme... or offer some other free upgrade/credits... ala Tesla or McLaren... but not Fisker. This is really frustrating and I just may cancel out of principle.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

This is just another bad move by Fisker's PR team who clearly have no clue. You just don't do things like this. You don't raise a product's price the same day that it hits the shelves. Stupid. They should have at least waited for the current orders to get delivered, and announced this in the spring.
brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The Karma has always been priced too low in the US. Compared to Europe and compared to other cars with the same features. Everyone always compares the price of the Fisker to that of the Porsche Panamera. But once you've configured a Panamera or even an expensive Audi, Mercedes or BMW with the same options that are standard on the Karma (navigation, park assist, camera, voice control, all-leather, bigger wheels, LEDs, etc, etc) those cars become much more expensive.

And let's not forget that the Karma is loaded with expensive technology (huge battery, electric engines, generator, solar roof). It is amazing that it is competing in price with much less advanced cars.

And let's look at the economic side. Fisker has to make money to survive. Ofcourse they will sell more cars at a lower price, but if every sale is a loss (especially the US-cars) then eventually they will run out of money.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Get yourself one of the Signature Editions if you can, if they will release it for the pre-ordered price. They still haven't changed their price and would have several lawsuits if they did because it was originally listed as a firm price with the $5000 deposit when regular editions were a $1000 deposit with and MSRP. My decision to get a Signature Edition is getting better everyday. Still, I am having my dealer do up the bill of sale today, just in case Fisker tries something.