Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/)
-   -   Fox News reports increase in Karma price (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/472-fox-news-reports-increase-karma-price.html)

BillyO 12-17-2011 11:12 AM

RE: Fox News reports increase in Karma price

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mycroft
=> " I ordered mine in October and was told production would start 12/20... what happened to the 3000 orders ahead of me?"

If you believe that date, I have some stock to sell you.

I don't think there are anywhere near 3000 "confirmed" orders now. My bet is the production of all the current confirmed configurations is nearly complete. We've been hearing 3000 forever. I bet many of the original 3000 deposit holders have dropped out mainly due to total lack of consideration from Fisker. Even Brian was on the verge and he's only had a deposit up for a year. If the deposit holder number was really impressive Fisker would be touting it. I bet it's even less than the original 3000 and that's with demos at the dealerships. When there are big management shake ups, there is always an untold background story. You have to believe that if they had 7,000 to 10,000 new deposits, they would be publicizing that.

BillyO

Dutch 12-17-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyO
I don't think there are anywhere near 3000 "confirmed" orders now. My bet is the production of all the current confirmed configurations is nearly complete. We've been hearing 3000 forever. I bet many of the original 3000 deposit holders have dropped out mainly due to total lack of consideration from Fisker. Even Brian was on the verge and he's only had a deposit up for a year. If the deposit holder number was really impressive Fisker would be touting it. I bet it's even less than the original 3000 and that's with demos at the dealerships. When there are big management shake ups, there is always an untold background story. You have to believe that if they had 7,000 to 10,000 new deposits, they would be publicizing that.

BillyO

At the moment production has reached #1000. A lot of cars are going to be produced in January, February and March. Anyone ordering now is looking at delivery in about half a year. That means Fisker still has a lot of orders in the books.

It is not strange that the number has stayed at 3000 for a long time. Not much happened over the last few months in the form of publicity to attract more customers. Some people will have dropped out, but others will have stepped in (maybe because of the scattered pieces of publicity like Leonardo DiCaprio, Two and a half men, the Fisker Tour). But there are still a lot of people out there who do not know about the existence of the car. The demos have been at the dealers for no more than a few weeks, many dealers outside of the US are still waiting for their demos. Publicity has been low.

All that is going to change. More and more magazines and car shows will be able to get their hands on a car for test drives, and I expect the reviews to be very positive. But more importantly, every week there will be more Karma's on the road and there will be more people seeing this stunning car. The effect? Look what a few visits to Cars & Coffee generates in attention, and then multiply that by a few thousand. Every Karma-owner will be the focus of attention wherever he or she goes, all the time. Every Karma will make hundreds of people enthusiastic or at least curious about this brand and this car.

I heard that - still unconfirmed - Brad Pitt has been spotted test driving a Karma, when he was visiting The Netherlands this week. If more and more celebrities choose this car, it could really become a snowball.

And there are still a lot markets that haven't even been tapped, like Asia.

So there is still a lot of potential for this car and this company.

Fabulist 12-17-2011 04:05 PM

[quote=BillyO]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mycroft
=> " I ordered mine in October and was told production would start 12/20... what happened to the 3000 orders ahead of me?"
If you believe that date, I have some stock to sell you.

@BilyO: So you are the guy hawking the DeLorean stock? :D

The 3000 number represents the deposits Fisker took directly from individuals all over the world before they had a dealer network. Once they had actual dealers, they stopped accepting orders directly and directed the inquiries to the dealers who took the orders. The dealers are now sitting on an unknown number of refundable deposits that Fisker does not see until they are converted into real orders, hence the price rise to encourage the dealers to transfer their orders to Fisker as soon as possible. Obviously, some people cancelled their orders due to the delays, changed economic circumstances or impatience but given how long it takes to actually get a Karma if you order one today, it seems that they are having more trouble making them than selling them.

The main reason why you can get your car reasonably quickly is that the Karma is currently only approved for sale in the US and a couple of countries in Europe. They still don't have approval to sell in China and are still waiting for their all-European approval. So for the moment, we are jumping the queue. Once Asia, Middle East and the rest of Europe comes on line, the wait to get a Karma is going to get much longer.

-- Fab.

Thebreadman 12-17-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutch
Quote:

BillyO

At the moment production has reached #1000. A lot of cars are going to be produced in January, February and March. Anyone ordering now is looking at delivery in about half a year. That means Fisker still has a lot of orders in the books.

It is not strange that the number has stayed at 3000 for a long time. Not much happened over the last few months in the form of publicity to attract more customers. Some people will have dropped out, but others will have stepped in (maybe because of the scattered pieces of publicity like Leonardo DiCaprio, Two and a half men, the Fisker Tour). But there are still a lot of people out there who do not know about the existence of the car. The demos have been at the dealers for no more than a few weeks, many dealers outside of the US are still waiting for their demos. Publicity has been low.

All that is going to change. More and more magazines and car shows will be able to get their hands on a car for test drives, and I expect the reviews to be very positive. But more importantly, every week there will be more Karma's on the road and there will be more people seeing this stunning car. The effect? Look what a few visits to Cars & Coffee generates in attention, and then multiply that by a few thousand. Every Karma-owner will be the focus of attention wherever he or she goes, all the time. Every Karma will make hundreds of people enthusiastic or at least curious about this brand and this car.

I heard that - still unconfirmed - Brad Pitt has been spotted test driving a Karma, when he was visiting The Netherlands this week. If more and more celebrities choose this car, it could really become a snowball.

Per Fisker, the road show brought an additional 125 customers. They have not stated how many deposit holders they have lost. I think it is more than the 125 they gained from the road show.

dennis 12-17-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thebreadman
Per Fisker, the road show brought an additional 125 customers. They have not stated how many deposit holders they have lost. I think it is more than the 125 they gained from the road show.

I spoke to the owner of the 3 Fisker dealerships in Northern California today and he said they are getting new orders at the rate of almost one per day. The demo car in Silicon Valley is fully booked for test drives every Fri/Sat/Sun.

In the short term, demand will not be a problem.

BillyO 12-17-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BillyO

The challenge for Fisker is to last long enough for the the surge you are predicting. Building the first 1000 cars must be a strain on capital and so far they are seeing very little return. I love your optimistic outlook.

BillyO

Dutch 12-19-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

I heard that - still unconfirmed - Brad Pitt has been spotted test driving a Karma, when he was visiting The Netherlands this week.

Well, that report really needed confirmation. Brad Pit was completely fake, but luckily the Karma wasn't (looks like this was a viral started by Fisker or by the shop owners in this expensive shopping street):

Video here (translation of the title: Fake Brad Pitt, but what a Karma!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDLpCDoaH8o