Fisker Prodis WDI - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2020, 10:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Default Fisker Prodis WDI

Playing around with a Fisker Workshop Laptop and a Prodis WDI. (the cigarrette-box sized device with USB connector and Bluetooth, not the big one MDI-G):

I'm wondering, how the WDI is supported to interact with the laptop:

Connecting to USB initializes a LAN9500 USB 2.0 Ethernet Device... nothing else.

In my WDI Manager, it is not recognized at all...
Question: does it need to be connected to the Karma to show up in the WDI Manager?

Thanks
Original Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

it need to have power from odb (car) to start bluetooth if not installed just use usb cable.

do you have ALL software and workshop manuals ? if not I have them

I am looking for the last thing .the special Fisker can analyser to be able to reset SHO in battery mangement box I have the Service bullitin on how to do it but need the pc program??? can someone help????

Kind regards Michael
automixcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by automixcars View Post
it need to have power from odb (car) to start bluetooth if not installed just use usb cable.

do you have ALL software and workshop manuals ? if not I have them

I am looking for the last thing .the special Fisker can analyser to be able to reset SHO in battery mangement box I have the Service bullitin on how to do it but need the pc program??? can someone help????

Kind regards Michael
If you have Prodis and a WDI nothing else is needed
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2020, 03:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

thanks for reply but I do not know how to do the SOH reset with normal tester .if I use 520 sw in battery bms it do not set odb fault but if I flash sw to 535 it sets engine fault flag from bms because soh 65% the battery are not 65%soh it is 95% the 65% sho shoing in tester are because in troble shooting I changed the bms box .and now I like to reset to 100% so I do mot need to take battery down and change bms box back to original..

I have a service bullintin from fisker where you use a can analyser to run a special script to reset soh in id194 in bms

please tell me if it can be done with normal fisker tester and how??

Kind regards Michael
Old 11-02-2020, 09:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by automixcars View Post
thanks for reply but I do not know how to do the SOH reset with normal tester .if I use 520 sw in battery bms it do not set odb fault but if I flash sw to 535 it sets engine fault flag from bms because soh 65% the battery are not 65%soh it is 95% the 65% sho shoing in tester are because in troble shooting I changed the bms box .and now I like to reset to 100% so I do mot need to take battery down and change bms box back to original..

I have a service bullintin from fisker where you use a can analyser to run a special script to reset soh in id194 in bms

please tell me if it can be done with normal fisker tester and how??

Kind regards Michael
The tool from Fisker only was able to change the SOH from zero back to what the EBCM had stored the same goes for Prodis if you use Prodis you need to use the EBCM files but it only was designed to reset from zero . You won’t be able to reset to 100% because the battery is no longer at 100% . I doubt after 8 years the original EBCM was showing 100% .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

that is not how it is written in service bulliten I have .it gives a example with photos that soh are 73 % and then you run a script with can anylizer and after you check the soh are 100% resat.

I can email you the SB and you can have a look?

my battery I have in the car has only driven 7200 km and before I changed bms system it had 95% SOH